Stay at Home Moms

teach me... how to clean a toliet

I know this is SO random, but I really need to be better at this.  I am good with cleaning the bowl and the top of the tank but the rest of it not so much.  I wish I could just spay it down with the hose or something.  So how do you clean the seats, behind the seat part of the base and the outside of the base?  It just seems like there are so many little spots for dirt and grime and it always looks dusty and grimy.  What cleaning product do you use and do you use rags or paper towel? 
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: teach me... how to clean a toliet

• I spray it all down with bleach and clean with paper towels.  I know a lot of people don't like to use bleach but for the toilet, I use it every time.  Since the bleach sprays down onto the floor, I clean the floor after.  With new paper towels, of course.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I spray down the toilet with Lysol spray.  The top, the tank, all parts of the seat, that part behind the seat between the tank and seat (the dust gathering spot you see) and the front side of the bowl.

Then I wipe them down from cleanest to dirtiest.  So top of toilet seat, the front of tank, top of tank, the outside of bowl, rest of seat etc.  I can usually get it all done with 1 rag but sometimes use 2 if the rag gets really dirty.  I find the key is the order of wiping if you start with the dirtiest parts first then you just smear the rest with grime and dust!

Hope that makes some sense!  We have 4 toilets here so I've got the routine down pat!!

• Loading the player...
  • Lol, I tried to convince my dh to do it, but it was a no go.  He does clean the bathtub though because it is really deep and I am short and it's just ackward.

I will try sprayingit and using paper towels.  One would think if I did it more often it wouldn't be so gross right?

Another random question : Where do you keep your plunger?  Ours is in the bathroom beside the towel and I hate it being there but we have a 4 storey backsplit so keeping it in the basement doesn't seem like the best place or it either. 

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I spray liberally and wipe down with paper towels.  Our plunger is beside the toilet on the main level.  Between my husband's digestive issues, and my kids who are learning how much TP is appropriate, the plunger gets a lot of use!
  • I use Clorox wipes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"