Stay at Home Moms
Options

Not loving the new neighbours (also, I'm so petty!)

Yup, don't think I like them.  I also think I have way too much spare time on my hands right now, because this is really old-ladyish of me!

They're a young couple that moved in a week ago next door.  The weekend they moved in, we'd received a lot of snow.  DH doesn't usually shovel a path across our boulevard to the street since our development has rear lane ways, however, we were expecting people over, so he did.

The new neighbours decided that they, too, would like to use the path DH shovelled across our boulevard in order to make multiple trips to/from their moving van and cars as they unloaded.  By this point the weather had got a bit milder, so they were tromping about not on snow any more, but the actual grass beneath, which promptly turned into a muddy, sloppy mess.  

Since moving in, they've continued to park their car on the street (vs. their garage out back) and continue to access it using our boulevard (I know it's not our property per se, but I'm the one out there in the warmer months, faithfully watering, weeding, mowing, and fertilizing that stupid patch of grass!).  There's not much of a path left now anyway, so what's wrong with their boulevard that they can't traipse back and forth over it instead?

I must be nuts, because I just went out there and used the snow from our walkway to fill-in what was left of the path after yesterday's snowfall.  DH is going to think I'm a complete whacko when I tell him.  

FWIW, they don't seem to be the sharpest tools in the shed, so I dont feel super-awful for being so petty.  Although they did shovel their rear parking spot, they moved all the snow down to the end so there's now a big space where a car could go, if it wasn't for the massive snowbank they created at the bottom of their driveway (that still leaves their garage though, so it's not like they don't have anywhere other than the street to park...).

OK, petty rant over.  And no, I'm not especially proud of myself for getting so worked-up over a silly patch of grass, if anybody was wondering!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Not loving the new neighbours (also, I'm so petty!)

• Options

Not really following you at all.

What are you referring to as the boulevard?
    The driveway?  The road?

Do you rent?  Is this a shared space between apts?

• Options
    This makes no sense at all and I now feel dumber after reading it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageArnegard:

The driveway?  The road?

I don't get any of this, either.

• Options
    I'm just confused as to what a boulevard is in this story. Are they walking through your front lawn instead of their own? I can see that being annoying but I'm not sure that's what you mean.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageArnegard:

The driveway?  The road?

I don't get any of this, either.

I'm glad I am not the only one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am assuming she is using the second definition here:

boul?e?vard

/'b?l??v?rd, 'bul?-/ Show Spelled [bool-uh-vahrd, boo-luh-] Show IPA

noun
    a broad avenue in a city, usually having areas at the sides or center for trees, grass, or flowers.
    Also called boulevard strip. Upper Midwest. a strip of lawn between a sidewalk and the curb.
  • Options
    imagebuggal28:

I am assuming she is using the second definition here:

boul?e?vard

/'b?l??v?rd, 'bul?-/ Show Spelled [bool-uh-vahrd, boo-luh-] Show IPA

noun
    a broad avenue in a city, usually having areas at the sides or center for trees, grass, or flowers.
    Also called boulevard strip. Upper Midwest. a strip of lawn between a sidewalk and the curb.

So if buggal is correct, you mean they are parking in front of your house and not theirs?  They are unloading and moving in front of your house and not in front of theirs?

They have the same right as you do to park on the city street or in their garage.

• Options
    Seriously.  I need a hobby, I'm turning into my neurotic 60 year old mother.  Just ignore me and carry on with your business, everyone!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I totally followed the story and can so picture someone out there shoveling snow onto the path their husband shovelled. I also picture neighbors watching from in their homes thinking what the heck is she doing, she's got it all backwards hahahahaha.

• Options
    very old ladyish... and makes me laugh, but since you are super pregnant I will let this one slide ;) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image=Lee=B:

I totally followed the story and can so picture someone out there shoveling snow onto the path their husband shovelled. I also picture neighbors watching from in their homes thinking what the heck is she doing, she's got it all backwards hahahahaha.

But, I'd rather have snow/ice than mud and ick.
    Here, I guess there usually isn't a patch of grass between the sidewalk and road and if there is, it is so piled with snow/ice during the winter that no one can see it anyway.  In ND we have snow on the ground for easily 4-5 months straight.  I have seen snow outside since we had pumpkins out.

• Options

I get it.  I would be annoyed too. I can be petty that way too though!

Even though it's not technically your property.  But we had shitty neighbours too at our last place so I get it!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"