Parenting

How much does you 2.5yo sleep?

I've been thinking my DS does not get enough sleep. He has been fighting his nap for about 2 months now. I would say maybe 1-2 days/week he takes one for 2 hrs. I put him in his room everyday, and if he does not go to sleep I leave him there for an hour  for quiet time to read books, lay there, talk, sing, etc. He sleeps from 8pm-7am. Is 11hrs of sleep enough? He will occasionally go to bed at 730, but usually wakes up earlier.

How much sleep does your 2.5 yo get?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much does you 2.5yo sleep?

• Mine goes to bed between 8:00 - 8:30, wakes up anywhere between 7:00 - 8:00.

He usually naps between 1:00 - 3:00. 

So I guess 13-14 hours? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dd goes to bed at 830ish, wakes up at 630am. 

she naps at dc each day from an hour to two, depending n her mood i guess. 

• Loading the player...
  • DD takes a 1-2 hour nap and sleeps from 7:30 -7:00 (thanks to her "Okay to Wake" alarm clock)

I think she could mostly ditch the nap, but I want to keep her on daycare's schedule

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He sleeps from around 7:30pm until about 7:00am. His naps are usually only 30 minutes. Very rarely does he nap longer than that now, at home or at daycare.
    DS <October 2010>
  • Around 9.5-10 hours at night (8/8:30 - 6:00/6:30) and about 1.5 hours in the afternoon, sometimes a little longer.
  • Average 15 Inc naps
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • My kid will not nap anymore (he isn't in daycare)- maybe if it's the right time, he will cat nap in the car for 20 minutes- maybe. He goes to bed at 8:30ish & wakes up religiously between 5:30-6am. He can live on virtually no sleep
  • imagenancy30005:

Mine goes to bed between 8:00 - 8:30, wakes up anywhere between 7:00 - 8:00.

He usually naps between 1:00 - 3:00. 

So I guess 13-14 hours? 

This is us except on the weekends nap is longer usually 1:30-5.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD is in bed at 7:30am and wakes at 6am. Some days she takes a 2 hour nap so I guess about 13 hours total sleep per day.
  • DD goes to bed at 8/8:30, sleeps until about 7 in the morning and takes a 2-3 hour nap each day, usually around 2pm.

I have heard horrific tales of 2 year olds dropping their nap though.  I hope we're not anywhere near that.

Mom to two beautiful girls and forever labor buddy to the fab lady MandaPanda518!
  • DD just turned 2, but she for the most part has givin up her nap. And she sleeps about 11 hours at night. So she sounds like she sleeps about as much as your DS
  • My 2 year old sleeps 8 - 7 as well, but he also takes a 2 - 3 hour nap. He has a lot of energy (and uses it) so I think he still needs the nap to recharge.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Usually about 12 hours.  Ten at night and a two hour nap.  I know the sheet the pedi gave us at DD's two year appointment said that on average a two year old will sleep 13 hours.  But I would base it more on your child's mood if he seems his happy self, doesn't fall asleep on short car rides, etc. 11 hours might be all he needs.
  • Anywhere from 12 to 15 hours. Nap strike weeks are rough.
  • She sleeps about 11 hours at night and takes a nap (anywhere from 1-2 hrs.)
  • Emma sleeps from 7:30 to 7:30am or 8:00am. No naps except on a very lucky day, and sometimes in the car.

My FFC sometimes when we're having a difficult day I will put her in her crib with a book and a stuffed animal and will let her have an hour of quiet time. She just chats away in there, so I figure she's fine every once in a blue moon to have some alone time.

imageimage
  • Our twins still share a room and are still in cribs (their choice to still be in cribs).  We put them down between 7 and 7:20 and they are asleep by 8:00.  They are always awake in the morning by 7.

I put them down for a nap at 1:30 and they wake about 4:00.

So, the get between 13 and 14 hours of rest per 24 hr period.

My big girl, now almost 5 yrs, was about where your little man is at 2.5 years old.  She was done with naps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"