Breastfeeding

Pulling away from Breast

Lately when DD nurses she's been pretty much stiff arming my chest and pushing herself away. Since she does this while actively nursing she ends up stretching my nipple out like taffy. She seems perfectly content while doing this but it's pretty uncomfortableboth to have your nipple stretched and to have a baby fist pushing on your chest. Why is she doing this?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pulling away from Breast

• DS has been doing this too. It hurts! I try to push his head back towards my breast or break the latch as quickly as possible. I have no idea what the reason is.
  • I feel like I'm wrestling her! I keep trying to press her head closer to me and she forces it back!
    I was wondering if it's bc she uses regular, dr browns bottles at daycare and she's used to a longer nipple. I wonder if I switch to the wide mouth bottles which have shorter nipples if she'd adjust and like my own nipple?! I'm makin all this up, I have no idea if it's a good plan
  • Loading the player...
  • That's funny - my LO does exactly the same thing.  It does seem to be when the milk flow is slowing down and I have found switching her back and forth between the breasts helps some.  Definitely uncomfortable - I hear you!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She pulls these antics pretty much the entire time shes nursing, not just after the flow has lessened. And I have a pretty forceful let down that chokes her sometimes so I dont think slow flow is her problem. Maybe its too fast of a flow? huh. Why cant she talk?!! hhaha.
  • I have a fast letdown and my DD does this too. Sometimes, it's gas. Sometimes, she's distracted and wants to look around the room. Sometimes, it's towards the end when the milk is flowing slower and she's still hungry.

It's a bit appalling to see my nip stretch that far!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"