September 2013 Moms

Changed due date (kind of long)

I posted a few weeks ago on the 1st tri board about how my baby measured ahead at our first ultrasound which caused my doctor to move my EDD from August 31st to August 25th. I found this odd because I charted while TTC and knew exactly when I ovulated (that's how I arrived at my original August 31st date). Well I had my second OB appointment today and I brought along a printout of my ovulation chart to show my doctor and try and convince her to change my due date back. She looked at my chart and listened to my concerns but then said that an early ultrasound is more accurate and "trumps" any charting I may have been doing. So she's keeping my due date at August 25th. I've gotten so used to my original due date that I don't really want to change my ticker or start telling people the new date. Especially when I feel like my original date was more accurate. 

Also at my appointment she tried using a doppler for the first time.... and was unable to find the heartbeat. My husband and I both got pretty freaked out. She felt bad that we were worried so she did a quick ultrasound just to ease our minds. Sure enough our baby is doing fine-- we could see its flickering heart along with lots of movement!

Aaaand, we got our anatomy scan scheduled for April 11th! So excited!

I hope all you ladies are having a wonderful evening :)

My Chart Me: 29  H: 29

DS born August 2013

Re: Changed due date (kind of long)

• Well, you probably did ovulate when you thought you did, but do you know when you implanted?  The due dates are based on an implantation average of 9 days post ovulation.  Some girls implant as late as 12 days and some as early as 6.  that's 3 days before or after, which can account for most of the time difference you're talking about.

Congrats on seeing your wiggly healthy little baby!

ETA: I should also mention, don't worry about your due date at all.  It's such a vague estimation anyway.  Babies come 2 weeks before or after very often.  If you don't want to change your ticker, or tell your family any different, then don't.  

• That's really interesting, I hadn't thought about differences in implantation. Thanks!!

Edit: I meant to quote you, but FAILED! Thanks for both responses :)

My Chart Me: 29  H: 29

DS born August 2013

• Loading the player...
  • In my experience, 6 days is no big deal in baby land. Don't sweat it. S/he will be here when they're ready.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah. It really only matters in the end if you want to induce or not. They won't force you into an induction so if you want to go by your original one, go by it.

Fwiw, my ttcal BPF chart was a flop. I showed it off to the ttcal board and they all said that we'd totally missed our chance of a Bfp. But, the pink lines both showed up! My point being, even charting isn't always accurate.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"