Trouble TTC

Crazy dreams & kind of coming out on FB about IF...

Okay, so anybody else experience crazy dreams after having an HCG shot? I tried to google it - but not much came up.  I figure since it is the pregnancy hormone - and pregnant women have crazy dreams (so I've heard) - then that might be the cause? Anyway, I've been having super strange dreams and this morning I posted about one as it was super funny and a few of my friends would get a kick out of it.  I put...

"Had a dream I was visited by the ghosts of the past, present and future last night. These roles were played by drag queens (Nicole, Stefanie, and Carmen) I used to know! Lol I think it's safe to say I've been having some very strange dreams lately!!"

The first response I got was, "you're preggers" to which I replied, "I wish"...I know that's not *really* coming out to friend and family about IF...but for me it felt like a HUGE step in the right direction.  DH wants to keep it very private - where as the longer we go the more I want to talk about it.  So, I feel like I had a little IF victory today - which is nice b/c I was starting to get quite down about it yesterday!  

Me: 30, DH: 40 
TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

Re: Crazy dreams & kind of coming out on FB about IF...

• I didn't have any crazy dreams... but I am at a point where I am struggling with keeping IF a secret. I am always getting asked if we are trying or planning to and I feel like it would stop and people would back off if they knew. I also have missed out on a lot of events/outings due to complications from cysts, feeling sick from clomid etc... It's hard. The longer it goes on, the harder it gets to keep quiet. I'm really torn about it.

ETA I am so concerned/worried that it would come across as looking for sympathy/attention - which is the last thing I want. So for now, I guess I'm keeping quiet. 

TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• I have been feeling the same way about "coming out" some days I have the desire to post something cryptic on FB about it, but then I think back on how I hate it when people post things like "having a bad day" but don't say why - seems like a cry for attention. 

But sometimes coming out to the "right" people can be very freeing - I have told a few of my friends and they have been really supportive, so I was glad I told them, but I am also glad i did it privately and didn't tell my whole facebook group. 

imageimage

TTC #1** Went off BCP July 2011

Me: 31 DH:31

Jan 2012 Dx PCOS by OB/Gyn

July 2012 - Tests with RE confirmed PCOS and annovulation

2 rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's using clomid + injectibles. 

Surprise BFP while on break cycle due to cysts.  It's a girl! Baby "E" born on Thanksgiving Day 11/28/13

• Loading the player...
  • imagePurplePanda2:

But sometimes coming out to the "right" people can be very freeing - I have told a few of my friends and they have been really supportive, so I was glad I told them, but I am also glad i did it privately and didn't tell my whole facebook group.  

That's a very valid point.  I think once we tell DHs family I'll feel better.  My family already knows, and there's no point in all my FB friend knowing - I haven't seen some of them in almost 10 years!  His mom will be here at the end of March and he has agreed to have the talk with her.  Once she knows, the whole family will, so it'll be good!  

TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)

• imageMrsM507:

I didn't have any crazy dreams... but I am at a point where I am struggling with keeping IF a secret. I am always getting asked if we are trying or planning to and I feel like it would stop and people would back off if they knew. I also have missed out on a lot of events/outings due to complications from cysts, feeling sick from clomid etc... It's hard. The longer it goes on, the harder it gets to keep quiet. I'm really torn about it.

ETA I am so concerned/worried that it would come across as looking for sympathy/attention - which is the last thing I want. So for now, I guess I'm keeping quiet. 

I feel the same way about the concern.

Somedays I just want to post an IF related meme or someecard picture...nothing too "cry for help-ish" but something that I relate to...if that makes sense... 

• Thanks for the warning on the HCG shot. I already have crazy dreams...my husband laughs because I travel the world through my dreams. So maybe the shot will be awesome for me. HA HA HA HA!

I feel the same way. I have told my friends personally, but only those going through it or my very close friend has any understanding.  I know if I put it on FB, I would get..."Quit stressing, or when it is God's timing."  When I really want to hear, "That totally sucks, praying for you to stay strong!" So in order to not get mad with any of my friends who don't know the right thing to say...I haven't brought it up on FB. I thought maybe once I get pregnant, I will say what a tough and long road it was.

Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
  • I would be happy/excited about that small "coming out" victory also. Good for you!!!!
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCara1024:
    I would be happy/excited about that small "coming out" victory also. Good for you!!!!

• I can't remember any crazy dreams with the trigger, but it did give me insomnia!

I am now on a facebook hiatus, however I have had fantasies of totally losing my sh$t on there and disclosing our whole IF struggles.

Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I kind of "came out" at the end of January when I shared the link to my blog on FB. I have gotten nothing but positive response and I have even gotten messages from friends who went through IF treatment and I didn't even know it. I felt better about sharing the link too because the people who actually want to know what's going on in my life will click on the link and read my blog. I felt SUCH a relief when I did it too!

ETA: OH yeah!! yay for your victory!!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"