October 2013 Moms
Options

VBAC OBGYN

I need to find a new OBGYN that does vbac vaginal birth after c section. I love my doctor but they don't do vbac. I had a c section for my twins, but would prefer a vaginal delivery this time around. Any suggestions?!

Re: VBAC OBGYN

• Options
    I would google OBGYN's in your area. Then make some phone calls asking if they do VBACS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Look up your local ICAN chapter. It's the International Cesarean Awareness Network. They will give you a wealth of information. I will be going for a VBAC too and found there are much higher VBAC rates with midwives as opposed to OBs. You can still deliver in a hospital, but a midwife may be more supportive of your birth plan than a surgeon would be... Best of luck to you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Two more things... Watch The Business of Being Born and look into getting a doula.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Your insurance should have a list of doctors.  Then you can call to see which ones support VBAC.  My OB supports it but the hospital doesn't.  Unless I come in 6+ cm and my water already broke.  Might want to make sure your hospital supports it as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to the round about way of doing it probably, but I put my city and vbac into google and then followed the search. I found various doctor review sites where patients had commented on the dr and vbacs had been mentioned. I found mom board sites where vbacs and various doctors were discussed. I started noticing that two particular doctors names kept coming up in relation to vbacs and both were well reviewed. Then I checked to make sure they were covered by my insurance and ending up chosing the one who also had midwives in the practice. It was round about, but it did help me target who were the go to vbac obgyns in my area. This probably only works if you like playing google detective and live in a decent size city. A PPer mentioned ICAN, that would probably be easier. 
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"