C-sections

Complete Previa, anyone else?

I have a complete Previa...They have been keeping a very close eye on me due to me having a huge spike in Antibodies and a shortened cervix.

They are making me get an MRI done this Friday to check for Acreta Previa...I really don't want to get an MRI done...I'm totally stressing out about this whole Previa thing.

Anyone else with a complete previa? when are they planning on your C-section? They are hoping to get me to 37 weeks...but who knows.

I'm usually super calm and easy going but all these doctor appointments have me stressing out. They have me litterally go every day to do something! Blood work, fetal monitor, check ups sonograms, now and MRI. It's out of control!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Complete Previa, anyone else?

• I had complete previa with my daughter. It was discovered at 18 weeks during my anatomy scan. At that point I was put on pelvic rest and told to take it easy. I was scheduled for ultrasounds every 4 weeks to check on it. Everything was ok until 31 weeks when I had a bleed and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. They gave me steroid shots incase I had to deliver then, but the bleeding stopped. I was sent home on bedrest.

My dr wanted to wait as long as possible for delivery so she scheduled my  csection for 39w3d. During my last ultrasound at 35w5d they saw some concerning stuff (my fluid was low, her head was measuring small and she had fluid in her kidneys) so they had me do an NST and a Biophysical Profile in the office. They told me then that if I was a week further along I would be going to the hospital to deliver that day, but they wanted me to try and get to 37w. This was a Friday. I was supposed to repeat all the tests every two days for the next week. On Sunday I went to the hospital for the tests and they discovered that I was having regular contractions that couldn't be stopped.

She was delivered that day at exactly 36 weeks. She was perfect, No problems with her head or kidneys. She was 5lbs 6ozs and didn't need any NICU time.

Sorry for the novel! I know all the testing is stressful, but the end result will be worth it. Sending lots of good thoughts!

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was diagnosed with complete previa at my 20 u/s. I had no restrictions. I started spotting around week 25 went to LD and was released. I had a major bleed at 29 weeks which put me back in hospital for a night. At that point I was put on pelvic rest. Then at 31 weeks I woke up at 3:30am in a pool of blood. That cost me 3 days in hospital. I got steroid shots and was on modified bed rest for next 6 weeks. My c section is tomorrow 2/28 at 2:30pm. I will be 37 weeks and 1 day. I am so thankful I made it to 37 weeks and so are my drs!
    Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks to both of you!  This was helpful!

I'm hoping to make it to 37 weeks...they want to deliver exactly at 37 weeks. 

No Bleeds, which i'm thankful for.  But i'm a nervous wreck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I am in the exact same boat as you. Diagnosed with a complete previa at 20 weeks and put on pelvic rest. Losing my mind with the no sex and restricted activity is next to impossible with a toddler and a demanding full time physical job.
    I am told it can move but my c section will also be scheduled for 37 weeks.

Thoughts and prayers for you! I totally understand how you feel. It's very stressful I feel like any day I am goin got have a bleed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"