Parenting

Roll Call!

Who's here and what are you doin?

I am feeding Cade and waiting for dinner. We're having the weirdest dinner ever. Homemade mac and cheese (white cheddar and gruyere) with bacon and Better Cheddar's crumbled on top. DH had a hand in this...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Roll Call!

• Here. DH is driving us home from a free dinner by our undergrad alumni association. Free dinner and drinks, and we traded babysitting, so a night out for six bucks in parking.

I'm drunk.

image image
  • That sounds good! I just finished a three hour drive home and got the baby to bed. Now I am starving. And the pantry is bare. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm watching vamp diaries and hoping DS doesn't wake up for another couple hours so I can get some sleep tonight.

• I'm pumping...it's dissapointing. I thought I would be seeing more now considering all the crap I'm taking.
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

I am feeding Cade and waiting for dinner. We're having the weirdest dinner ever. Homemade mac and cheese (white cheddar and gruyere) with bacon and Better Cheddar's crumbled on top. DH had a hand in this...

That actually sounds amazing, lol. How is it? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Present.

I'm watching some special on Discovery, I'd Kill For a Baby. I'm going to have nightmares. I knew infant abduction existed...but watching this is scary. People are nuts.  

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just bought an antenna and I'm watching dr phil and feeding DD. OMG I haven't had tv an a while. I'm more excited that I get to watch news in the morning with coffee!

I WAS gonna order a pizza but SO is already passed out... Should I just order one anyway and eat it myself? Hmmmm...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Amazingly enough, I'm still awake! Just hanging on the couch with the dog, watching tv and perusing the bump boards. DS is sleeping on DH's chest on the other couch. He's on duty for the last feeding of the evening, so I may go sneak my asss into bed and hopefully catch a few good hours of shut eye...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm here! Dh and I had an argument tonight, so there's major tension right now in the house.

• I want mac and cheese now. 
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Guys. I had a night out, with dinner and drinks and adults and DH, for six bucks. In Baltimore.

Aaaaaalcohol

image image
  • imageThePolishHammer:
    Present.I'm watching some special on Discovery, I'd Kill For a Baby. I'm going to have nightmares. I knew infant abduction existed...but watching this is scary. People are nuts. nbsp;

You couldn't pay me to watch something like that! I'd have anxiety for months. People out there are fuckking loopy nowadays!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejessalared:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Surprisingly good. I'm drinking wine with it too.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRondackHiker:
    Guys. I had a night out, with dinner and drinks and adults and DH, for six bucks. In Baltimore. Aaaaaalcohol

whaaaat 6 bucks?? How?  

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm here patiently waiting for winter to be over.  I was fine with it a week ago, but it's starting to ware on me now.  Cabin fever doesn't take long to go from 0 to 500 with a bored toddler in the home.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Here, about to put DS to bed
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imagedramamama2be:
    I'm here! Dh and I had an argument tonight, so there's major tension right now in the house.

That sucks. I hate nights like that.  

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageThePolishHammer:

I'm watching some special on Discovery, I'd Kill For a Baby. I'm going to have nightmares. I knew infant abduction existed...but watching this is scary. People are nuts.  

I haven't seen that documentary, but I will say that when we took the tour of the maternity wing at the hospital where I was delivering, they spent a ton of time talking about the security measures.  The bracelets that get put on baby basically immediately upon exiting the womb and the one that I had to wear.  They played a little tune when they brought him near me.  They demonstrated how if one of the bracelets gets removed, the elevators shut down, the doors lock, and an alarm went off on every nurses station. 

So of course, there I am, 8.5 months pregnant, sobbing on the freaking tour.  Like it was comforting to know the measures were there, but so scary to know why they are there. 

Amusingly enough, when DS was actually born, he kept kicking off the bracelet.  I think three times in the few days we were there the nurses and security came rushing in... Of course, immediately post partum, I freaked the fluck out each time.  Freaking DS.. causing shenanigans within moments of entering the world.

I felt the exact same way. Happy about the security measures, but so saddened by the fact that they had to be put in place because people actually do that...kidnap children.. 

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh my gosh and someone posted a video on FB about a nanny beating an 11 month old on a nanny cam. It just had "Parents need to see this" as the comment about it. It made me physically ill. I actually teared up watching it. I couldn't finish watching it. This and that show have made me feel really down and anxious tonight.  

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageThePolishHammer:

imageRondackHiker:
    Guys. I had a night out, with dinner and drinks and adults and DH, for six bucks. In Baltimore.

Aaaaaalcohol

whaaaat 6 bucks?? How?  

We traded with friends for babysitting, and our alumni association had a free three course meal. Six dollar evening parking in Baltimore and a great night!

image image
  • imageIgoo0304:

imageRondackHiker:
    Guys. I had a night out, with dinner and drinks and adults and DH, for six bucks. In Baltimore.

Aaaaaalcohol

That's awesome! Enjoy your night out!

oh, and 15 days until match? Are you excited? 

I'm actually nervous. I just want to know!

image image
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagejessalared:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

TB is no good for trying to lose baby weight. Now I'm drinking wine and contemplating mac n cheese... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm here, just winding down from our day. 
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Here. I just walked into my youngest room to find him bare naked 2 hours after bedtime, peeing in one of his toy buckets. The joys of parenthood.
  • imageRondackHiker:
    imageThePolishHammer:

imageRondackHiker:
    Guys. I had a night out, with dinner and drinks and adults and DH, for six bucks. In Baltimore. Aaaaaalcohol

whaaaat 6 bucks?? How?  

We traded with friends for babysitting, and our alumni association had a free three course meal. Six dollar evening parking in Baltimore and a great night!

Sweet deal!  

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageIgoo0304:

imagetarebear9891:
    Here. I just walked into my youngest room to find him bare naked 2 hours after bedtime, peeing in one of his toy buckets. The joys of parenthood.

This sounds like someone my son would do. Better the bucket than the bed!

So true! He was so proud. "This is my toilet mama."
  • imagejessalared:
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagejessalared:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

TB is no good for trying to lose baby weight. Now I'm drinking wine and contemplating mac n cheese... 

Do eet! That stuff is good! 

• I'm here....just lurking on the Parenting board.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageThePolishHammer:

imagedramamama2be:
    I'm here! Dh and I had an argument tonight, so there's major tension right now in the house.

That sucks. I hate nights like that.  

Me too! It landed him in the guest room, as he refused to sleep in the same bed with me tonight. Whatever dh. I said my peace, now it's in your hands.

• Ok so nobody told me NOT to order the pizza and eat it myself and I'm on my third bowl of cereal and still hungry.....

Anyone tried one of those new pan pizzas from dominos?? Oh my glob.
  • I'm here, just finished my nails so I'm going to reward myself by eating chips and salsa haha!
  • Just got home from work, it is almost midnight here, and I am exhausted. Getting ready for bed. I did not bump enough today. I completely missed the UO thread...

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagembenit4:
    I have never had mac and cheese as a meal. By itself.

I use the big pasta like ziti when I do and add broccoli and tomatoes. That makes me feel like its a complete meal!
  • ::streaks through thread::

I'm flucking exhausted. Sorry I've been a ghost........I resemble a cast member of the Walking Dead. Sigh, you'll get me back on the weekend.

• imageC_mo:
    imagegimmietimmies:

::streaks through thread::

I'm flucking exhausted. Sorry I've been a ghost........I resemble a cast member of the Walking Dead. Sigh, you'll get me back on the weekend.

I've been MIA too, I've been taking a bit of a bumpcation over the past couple weeks to see if I could get more done... I was unsuccessful and I'll be back more often from now on ;)  

I imagine you simply spent more time on facebook/pinterest or whatever else you waste time with? :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageC_mo:
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageC_mo:
    imagegimmietimmies:

::streaks through thread::

I've been MIA too, I've been taking a bit of a bumpcation over the past couple weeks to see if I could get more done... I was unsuccessful and I'll be back more often from now on ;)  

I imagine you simply spent more time on facebook/pinterest or whatever else you waste time with? :)

Actually photography, but I missed you guys so I'm coming back :) I figure I'll just waste time in between edits. 

Lol @ wasting time on FB/Pinterest. LD wait till your kid get older and has to do "stuff"! I'd rather change diapers than go to bored meetings (pun intended) sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"