January 2013 Moms
Options

ewww

Anyone notice milk getting stuck in LOs neck folds? DD has this sometimes and today I noticed a smell and sure enough there was old milk in her neck and it was red and irritated. Any tips? I wiped it out with a baby wipe, but wonder if there is some sort of prevention method (doubtable lol)

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

Re: ewww

• Options
    Yep we.have the same problem here with DS. It gets stinky too. That's why we have been doing baths like every other day lately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For us it isn't avoidable and we use bibs at almost every feeding. I just keep some baby wet wipes (for hands and face) on his changing table and I wipe his face and neck at almost every diaper change. On non bath days I do a full wipe down every morning before he goes to daycare. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eloise gets buildup in her pits too so at least for us I doubt it's just milk. I'll use coconut oil to get it all off quickly.
  • Options
    I put a cloth diaper under his chin when he eats and each time I change his diaper I go over his neck with a baby wipe just to keep it clean between baths.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I use wipes but as far as prevention I would assume powder or ointment you use in the diaper area would serve the same purpose. But you'd still have to wipe it off eventually.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    Tommy tippee makes bibs with a roll thing to minimize milk in the neck crack.
  • Options
    We do baths every night before I lay him down and this is one of the big things with lo. The old milk in the neck rolls! Eww. Is an understatement 
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's why we bathe everyday!

• Options

imagethis decaf life:
    Eloise gets buildup in her pits too so at least for us I doubt it's just milk. I'll use coconut oil to get it all off quickly.

This... Also, LOs skinfolds on his hands are constantly full of fuzz. I'm cleaning his hands at every diaper change.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"