Cloth Diapering
Options

Has anyone made fitteds from prefolds?

A friend sent me a few tutorials on how to make newborn fitteds from prefolds - has anyone given it a try? I like sewing, just not sure if I would be messing up my prefolds in the process!
photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Has anyone made fitteds from prefolds?

• Options
    I have not attempted it yet, but I found this tutorial that I may use.  https://www.diapersewing.com/prefold_to_fitted.htm  I'd love to see the tutorials your friend sent you and hear other comments on this subject!  Can I add a question? :-)  If I wanted to make fitteds for baby's 9 lbs. and up, what prefold size would you recommend.
    IAmPregnant TickerBabyFruit TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Sure! These are the tutorials:

https://www.darlingdiapers.com/ (scroll to the bottom of the page on the left)

https://thenappynetwork.org.nz/diy.php

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes, they worked fine, but they only fit for a short while.  I can still use the same sixe prefolds tri folded, but had to put away the fitteds long ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm planning on doing a challenge/tutorial on this soon. It will likely be on 3/18 that I'm going to post it.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

I'm planning on doing a challenge/tutorial on this soon. It will likely be on 3/18 that I'm going to post it.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out Smile

• Options
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

Awesome! I have so many medium prefolds, I would love to try making some fitteds from them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejmcgra06:
    A friend sent me a few tutorials on how to make newborn fitteds from prefolds - has anyone given it a try? I like sewing, just not sure if I would be messing up my prefolds in the process!

If you really love fitteds (or if you think you might), it's totally worth trying.  Even if you blow it epically, you can usually salvage the pieces for use as a doubler  (not that I would know or anything Confused )

I've made a couple dozen fitteds out of prefolds of varying sizes.  I've tweaked the pattern as I go (so they all look slightly different).  You lose a couple of inches in length because of the elastic (around the legs), so if I wanted to make a fitted for a medium-sized baby, I'd start with a large-size prefold.

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"