Dads & Dads-to-be

Good gift for Dad-to-Be?

Just wanted to get some dad's perspectives. What would make a nice first time dad-to-be gift in your opinion?
BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Good gift for Dad-to-Be?

• Not trying to be snarky, but this topic has been covered many times. 

General consensus of the men here is if you are referring to a present for being a dad, the kid is all the present we need.

If you still want to get him something, tie it into one of his hobbies or interests.  Is he a gamer?  Try a video game or accessory he's talked about.  Hunter?  Maybe a new scope?  Fisherman?  Let him go fishing for the weekend, or some equipment. 

Oh, and also something the dads have more or less (mostly more) agreed with, blowies are always a nice gift.

• Mommy165Mommy165 member
    edited June 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • imageColtsdad:

Oh, and also something the dads have more or less (mostly more) agreed with, blowies are always a nice gift.

Just wanted to give that some more visibility.

Also, the more we have these questions the more I agree on the gift of time.  Giving a weekend off to do whatever he wants before the baby comes.

• imagePrime:
    imageColtsdad:

Just wanted to give that some more visibility.

Also, the more we have these questions the more I agree on the gift of time.  Giving a weekend off to do whatever he wants before the baby comes.

I would agree with this.  LIke a weekend baseball trip.  Or fishing.  I took at weekend trip up to northern Wisconsin on the Eagle River chain lakes two weeks before little one came. Caught a beautiful Muskie on that trip that I released hoping that the boy and I would catch it on one of our future trips there (not likely, but still a good moment for me!).

• get him a baby...  concentrate on giving birth and making sure the baby comes into a loving environment. that is all the present he will need.
  • Not a thing, my wife and I thought that having a child together was the best gift possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"