High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Gift idea for a mom on bedrest

Hi Ladies,

Pardon me for lurking...I'm wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions for a gift for a friend who is currently in the hospital on bedrest. Anything you ladies want or wanted while in the hospital? I was thinking maybe a couple of magazines...and some healthy (and maybe a few not so healthy) snacks? She doesn't have GD so I don't think that would pose a problem. Any thoughts? 

Thanks so much for your help, hope you're all doing well :)  

Re: Gift idea for a mom on bedrest

• Options

I find with pregancy brain and pain levels I am unable to read an actual book (and I LOVE reading) so light magazines might work.  Snacks are good...if she's not GD and isn't trying to be super healthy then some 'treats' are welcome.  Some days a piece of chocolate is all you have to look forward to!!!

Company is always good as well!  A ball of yarn, crochet hook and instructions for a very simply crochet project would be good (if of any interest to her). Most days the only 'exercise' my body gets is moving the crochet hook and it really does help with boredom.  But again pregnancy brain would likely make it hard to actually learn to do this so very good instructions for something very simple is best!!

• Options

DVD's  - I watched a ton of movies - it helped the day go faster.  I also second - company.  I loved when friends came to visit. 

But my absolute best recommendation is having a manicurist/pedicurist come to her house if she likes getting her nails/feet done.  I couldnt' even see my feet - it was so nice having someone give me a pedicure!  I was on hospital bed rest and another girl in the hospital said she was thinking about it- I joined in and we called a place and they sent someone over.  2 years later- it's still the thing I remember most about that time- it was the BEST thing about being on bed rest!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"