June 2012 Moms

Angling for more grandkids

My MIL has made it no secret that she thinks we MUST have at least 2 kids. (She's not the subtle type...she's not even really the tactful type...but other than that she's quite likeable so we get along.) Anyway, yesterday we had lunch with her and her sister (DH's Aunt N). She asked me how DS is sleeping now since he had so much trouble sleeping when he was little. I assured her that it's going much better now. Then she says, "Your second one will sleep through the night from the very beginning." Uhm, what? Aunt N immediately gives her a big ol' side-eye. I just say, "Oh." MIL starts to tell how DH's little sister slept all the time when she was a baby, right from the beginning. Aunt N started squirming, and she finally jumped in. She told MIL that even if a NB slept through the night, they would need to be woken to eat; plus, she kept DH's little sister some when she was a baby and she remembers her waking up at night. Personally, I am learning take everything from MIL with a grain (or pound) of salt, and I ignore her rather than argue with her. But in my head I was secretly cheering and waving big fluffy pom poms for Aunt N.

So is it just me, or does your family do/say outrageous things to try to finagle more grandkids?

Re: Angling for more grandkids

• Totally not just you!  My family says it, and DH's family (both sides, as his parents are divorced and both remarried) so we get the tri-fecta!  And it doesn't help my DH want more, since he's on a one and done kick lately.... he has NEVER liked people pressuring him into doing something he's not ready for so I wish they would just back off for a bit until another year or two!

EDIT: Thakfully from my side, my brother and SIL are expecting a DD in July, so I'm covered from my side of the family for a little bit!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Ha! Not yet, thankfully!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • They do ocasionally, but they're seeing more and more than DS is a lot like DH was as a baby. As in way over active, never sleeping, hates nursing during the day, etc. So MIL totally understood when I said we may just stick with this one! She told me that she decided if she wasn't pregnant by the time DH was 18 months, she was so overwhelmed with him that she was going to throw in the towel on a second. However, the month she made the decision, she got pregnant!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My MIL has 2 grandsons, our DS and our nephew.  My SIL adopted on her own and is not having any more unless she gets married, but seeing as she is currently single, don't plan on anything soon.  My MIL says "I would really like to shop on the girls side at Carters."  Thanks... I will get right on that... in my spare time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"