August 2012 Moms
Options

Journaling

Do you do it? Did you do it?

I have four journals, maybe five, all from high school to about three years ago when I stopped. I was reading through my last one the other day and there's so much that I don't remember. I love having them. I love reading through the first days of SO and I's relationship, my first apartment, etc.

But, they're all written in 72 pt. font in huge ass bubble letters because I was 14. So, I'm thinking of retyping them all and putting them into a binder of some sort, for me, and for whoever wants to read them after I die (I'm guessing this would be something my daughter would want to do...granted I have one). 

I wish I still did, but I just don't have the urge to anymore.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: Journaling

• Options
    I have a huge box full of journals. I used to be really good about it, I wrote consistently from 17 until 27. I haven't been very good since getting married and then having Mina. I really need to just sit down and WRITE.

Thanks for the reminder AB4!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't. Could never keep up with then.....but I'm going to try now. More so, a exercise journal
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a journal from when I was 14. It's hilarious. I was boy crazy and each break up was, like, the end of the world. I did an online diary for a while (teenopendiary then opendiary) but have no access to those.

I have a journal now that I bought for DH, actually, for his birthday over a year ago. We were supposed to both write in it. It kind of stemmed from all the funny things my stepkids say. He said one day, "we should make a journal of all the funny sh!t they say." That plus we were TTC, I wanted to start journaling. The first entry of the journal is a recount of the night I met DH and a general love letter. He wrote in it a lot in the beginning but hasn't written in it over 6 months. I write in it almost daily. I keep in the bathroom and I jot down a few things when I go poo. No lie. It's the perfect time to write in it. I journaled through out the whole pregnancy so details like weight gain, first kick, etc. are all in there. I brought it with me to the hospital when DS was born. I started writing all the details of laboring. When I became too tired and nauseous to write, DH started writing the details. When he was too tired and occupied, my BFF wrote in the rest of DS's birth details. I'm so thankful I have that all written down. Everything from how many cm's I was dialated at what time to first attempt at breastfeeding, etc.

I plan to continue journaling as long as possible. I will leave them all to my son after our passing.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't anymore, but I did in HS. It's soooo juvenile and so funny. The crap I cared about was ridiculous.

I have them hidden so H can't find them, because they're that embarrassing...
  • Options
    I started keeping journals when I was 8. I have tons of them. I more or less stopped when DH and I started living together. I should write though, just need to make the time. It's very therapeutic for me.
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When Natalie was born my mom gave me a journal that she had written to me when I was born.  She wrote in it weekly for the first year I was born....then she just wrote every couple of months up until I graduated high school.  They were filled with little stories of things I did and when I was reaching milestones. It was so amazing to read.

I started a journal of my own for my daughter.  I've been writing her every week.  It was every day on maternity leave but I can't keep up.  I can't wait to give this to her someday if she has a child of her very own. 

734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLissaLynn0682:

When Natalie was born my mom gave me a journal that she had written to me when I was born.  She wrote in it weekly for the first year I was born....then she just wrote every couple of months up until I graduated high school.  They were filled with little stories of things I did and when I was reaching milestones. It was so amazing to read.

I started a journal of my own for my daughter.  I've been writing her every week.  It was every day on maternity leave but I can't keep up.  I can't wait to give this to her someday if she has a child of her very own. 

My brother's fiance told me about this. Her mother wrote in a journal every day of her pregnancy and here and there as she grew. At age 18 she gave it to her to read and to keep. I think thats so special and I plan on doing that next pregnancy (granted I have a girl).

• Options

I've kept a journal since I was in 7th grade, so about 12 or 13 years old.  I probably have like 10!  I LOVE going back and reading them.  Its so weird and cool to read and just remember everything from back them.  I'm SO thankful I I wrote in there at least every other day.  DH hates it thought cause it's like I never forget a thing.  If he tells me he bought me flowers for our last anni, I just go back in my journal and its proof he didn't lol.  I even have an online journal that I started when I was around 19 cause it was easier and faster for me to type.  Since DS1's been born its been harder to keep up.  Sometimes I go a month or 2 without writing and it makes me sad I'll forget everything thats happened in between! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"