Parenting
Options

Popular Recap of Unpopular Opinions

Yes, I came up with that title days ago and have been saving it. Only Cthulu can judge me.

Spooko doesn't like kids making up school in June if they have too many snow days. This was discussion inspiring and somewhat mixed in popularity. This lead to a discussion weighing the merits of year round or modified school schedules.

EllaHella thinks Yahoo is justified in ending remote workers. This proved somewhat unpopular, with some defenders.

laceyjean1 doesn't think more security in schools keeps kids safer. There was agreement that the measures need to be smart and focused, and some are pointless and just freak out kids.

Packerfan79 hates cocker spaniels, alnd it sounds like the feeling is mutual. The spaniels may have started it. Nita2603 also hates cocker spaniels. There was at least one cocker defender. Hehe... "cocker".

eddy321 doesn't like TV as background noise. TV has its defenders, especially those who use it as a radio.

robinsokj thinks people are dishonest with themselves about their weight situation. LuckyDad is chubby cuz he eats too many cupcakes and spends too much time cuddling DS instead of at the gym. missyishere (new moniker, fyi) quit drinking so much booze and lost some weight.

MollusksWrangler hates Walmart. No one really *likes* Walmart, but some view it as necessary.

acaudill75 likes celebrity roasts. Not sure this was addressed at all.

(end page 1)

FairyDuster003 dove into the UO pool suggesting people who eat out with a coupon need to remember to tip on the original bill. Considering Parenting is very pro-tipping, this was popular, along with the idea society sucks at math. Still, a nice first effort, Welcome To The UO Club, FairyDuster!

laceyjean1 also hates facebook messages with 'I bet you won't share this". Considering most people around here have mixed feelings about FB in general, this was popular.

There was some discussion about scorch's post yesterday about her drama with her DH. The actual post is worth a read for those who missed it.

M&MHaveMyHeart would prefer her DH have a normal 8 hour work schedule and be home more but make less money. I don't recall any dissent.

RondackHiker hates people who say "awe" instead of "awww". Since we're all grammar geniuses around here, this was popular.

zeptattoo thinks people should keep their stuff hidden if they don't want it stolen, specifically referring to a co-worker's iphone. There was some mild disagreement. I know I'm sick of my porsche's being stolen.

Here ends page 2. Ramen. To be continued after I do some more work.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
-My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.

Re: Popular Recap of Unpopular Opinions

• Options
    I really hope you never grow too tired of recapping.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow, this version of the UO thread is much more reader friendly. It really is like a cliffnotes version.

I didn't get to post in the UO thread yet. I always happen to think of them, and then forget them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCTGirl30:
    Carry on, please. Work can wait.

I'm doing centrifuge runs today, so I have to keep loading new samples in in order to make sure I'm not here late into the night. So I'd only be screwing myself not to work.

Fun fact: although there are typically a few gems in later pages, the highest density of UOs is by far on the first two pages.

Page 3:

Wordsmith226 is excited about the coming end of DST. I had to do some math in my brain to remember if I Like or Dislike it. I agree, Springing Forward is awesome cuz I prefer that extra hour at night and maybe DS will actually sleep past 6 AM if the sun isn't out. As an aside, Wordsmith clearly lives up to her moniker.

missyishere needs to share more of her UOs. Especially if they are about "pleasing" people.

CTGirl30 doesn't believe in putting yourself at risk to bail out financially irresponsible family members. I tend to agree with the adage "Don't lend out money if you would be upset if you never get it back". There was some discussion, mostly based on people's personal experiences, but this was mostly popular.

missyishere thinks The Office UK is superior to The Office US. At this point I sort of feel that's an apples to oranges comparison, although UK Series 1 is definitely better than US Season 1.

(end page 3)

Scout2005 often chuckles at Joan Rivers. acaudill75 defended bad/tasteless jokes. I can't recall what she thought about the Onion Twitter's c-word fiasco.

mabenner1 thinks home schoolers are doing their children a disservice. There was a lot of discussion about the pros and cons of homeschooling, with a lot of disagreement that it's always bad.

Little Jerry always asks people to take their shoes off in her house. This is mixed.

RondackHiker posted about food and Taylor Swift. I'm pretty sure she was baiting me. She doesn't like beef ribs. She's right that there are better cuts of beef and pork ribs are superior, but beef ribs can still be good. /gavel

piglet6609 doesn't get why people care so much about who Taylor Swift dates. I just want to humblebrag that when I was her age, I was hooking up with waaaay more different girls than the number of dudes she has publicly dated. Societal double standard, more sex for all, pleeze.

shanado doesn't know how to make paragraphs on mobile bump. People around here love paragraphs, so this was unpopular.

LuckyDad thinks Candy Crush Saga is mediocre. I think I was ignored. Sads. (Edit: HilarityEnsues agreed with me!)

(end page 4)

EllaHella thinks Bacon should have a sin tax to inspire her to eat less of it. UNPOPULAR.

LuckyDad thinks women should wear clothing with pockets big enough for cell phones. No one ever cares about my opinions on women's fashion.

(end page 5)

To be continued, although I think it's mostly discussion going forward.

• Options
    This is awesome! Thank you!!
  • Options
    imageBostonKisses2:

Well done, as always.  I look forward to these every Thursday afternoon!

No, it's still morning. Silly people who live in the future.

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:

robinsokj thinks people are dishonest with themselves about their weight situation. LuckyDad is chubby cuz he eats too many cupcakes and spends too much time cuddling DS instead of at the gym. missyishere (new moniker, fyi) quit drinking so much booze and lost some weight.

I started to reply to this but then messed up the quote blocks and never posted it.  It was mostly just to agree with GhostMonkey that you suck. Stick out tongue I would kill to cut out sweets and workout for 20 minutes and be in shape!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    LD - I don't think the little girl with the ubiquitous poodle purse is a c*nt. I think the Onion went too far. I'm not offended by anything Joan Rivers has to say.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageashleysyn2:

imageMollusksWrangler:
    I always appreciate the cliffs notes version.

It's always way better than the originals anyways.

Also, your new siggy is the best.

Both of these. Yes

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Let's resume. Page 6 please, class.

Manateearmz hates Adam Levine's voice. She's my new BFF.

darbie510 despises Trunk or Treating. While I welcome new faces participating and suggesting UOs, it's hard not to notice this UO is somewhat seasonally misplaced, unless they do it very different where darbie lives. Most people seemed to agree, to some level, once they understood what is was.

mrs_sexy thinks parents need to do a better job preparing their kids for the TSA screening. God I hate the TSA. Can we just get rid of them?

mbenit doesn't get the sentiment that if you cook or your house is clean, your kids must be neglected. No one on this board got it either.

(end page 6)

Holls2011 hates when people say that someone is a wonderful mother because they did something crafty for their child. I'm torn on this, because she's probably right, but mothers are underappreciated most of the time, so it's not like there's a bunch of arrogant moms running around being overpraised. Meanwhile, us dads get credit for putting both a shirt AND pants on our child (matching doesn't matter) and spending any time at all with them. *Polishes AMAZING DAD trophy*

HilarityEnsues can't believe BJ and friends are granting "excessive" SN changes everywhere. I'm torn on this one because I kind of agree (there is serious potential for abuse in some cases) but also don't really care how TB spends their resources. Although there probably are bigger, more longstanding fish that need frying. Still, I prefer BJ's more hands on approach to her predecessor's. I am pro-BJ.

(end page 8)

I believe I am officially caught up.

• Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imageLuckyDad:

LuckyDad thinks Candy Crush Saga is mediocre. I think I was ignored. Sads.

Goddamnnit LD.  I get irrationally upset when I don't make the recap.  ANDDDDD... I totes agreed with this opinion and responded to you...

:::pouts in corner like small child::::

Eep! Now I feel bad! Let me go look...

Thanks for agreeing with me! Great minds think alike.

• Options

imageLuckyDad:

I prefer BJ's more hands on approach to her predecessor's. I am pro-BJ.

(end page 8)

ISWYDT

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    imagemissyishere:

imageLuckyDad:

I prefer BJ's more hands on approach to her predecessor's. I am pro-BJ.

(end page 8)

ISWYDT

Hi5! It's a real double entendre in that both interpretations of my statement are true!

• Options
    That was a splendid recap. Thank you.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:

LuckyDad thinks women should wear clothing with pockets big enough for cell phones. No one ever cares about my opinions on women's fashion.

(end page 5)

To be continued, although I think it's mostly discussion going forward.

I agree luckydad. I'm tired of my phone being waythefuck too big for my pocket! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMollusksWrangler:
    I always appreciate the cliffs notes version.

Love your siggy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"