Food Allergy
Options

Easter baskets

Obviously I'm overthinking this, because my daughter is 9 months and too young for candy. But for those of you with older kids with allergies, what do you put in their easter baskets?  My daughter is allergic (not MSPI) to dairy and soy, which is in pretty much every commercial candy.  Do you stick to toys?  Homebaked goods? I'm already bummed about having to do a vegan cake for her birthday, I don't want her going through childhood feeling like she's missing out!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Easter baskets

• Options
    I'm not sure yet. In the past I've stuck with small toys and puffs her 1st Easter. Last Easter I did the same with allergy safe fruit snacks instead of puffs in the eggs. This year I may do some marshmallows and fruit snacks. You'll figure out creative ideas that your daughter will enjoy as you go, that don't have to be candy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is 3 and I don't want her having a ton of candy! She has been begging for some more books from the Llama Llama series, as well as the Pigeon books so I will probably get some books for her basket. PJs, socks, some matchbox cars, the magic paint books (where you paint with water) are all big hits in my house. Also, a lot of the Duncan Hines cake mixes and frostings are dairy free- not sure about soy, so you could check those out. As the pp mentioned, puffs would be good, or some new bath toys, bubbles, sidewalk chalk- your LO won't even know what they are missing!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My daughter doesn't eat a lot of candy--she isn't a sweets kid. I do plan on buying a bag of skippers from vermontnutfree.com. She doesn't have a dairy or soy allergy--so I don't have to worry about those allergens. The skippers (m&m versions) are not even going in her Easter Basket, I just plan on bringing them to MIL so that she can have some candy there--there is ALWAYS candy out for Easter. 

In our Easter basket, she will be getting a new box of crayons, a new toothbrush (SHE LOVES brushing her teeth--and bringing the toothbrush everywhere.), some zoo talker animals, coloring book and maybe something else small. A Little People car?  

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    Enjoy Life makes semi-sweet mini chocolate chips that are dairy, nut and soy free.  I've seen them in the Organic aisles at Kroger, Walmart, and Whole Foods.  I've heard of some ppl that melt them down and make their own candy with them. 
    Me: 30, SAHW, diagnosed metabolic syndrome x, 1 fibroid, PFD from tilted r hip, chronic hip pain, soy allergy, IBS, sensitivities to corn, gluten, milk, aspartame. Blind in r eye (tumor & cataract) lexapro for depression & anxiety. DH: 31
  • Options

this is the first year we are doing it and i made a list.

-mini cars
    -money (he's very much into putting dollars in his piggy bank)
    -skittles
    -large marshmellow
    -stickers
    -notes
    -toy bugs
    -mini dianasores (the ones you can put in water and they expand)

I'm planning on going to a store and just seeing what mini/small toys they have.

• Options

For our twins who will be 2, we'll probably do some combo of the following:

Stuffed animal, coloring book & crayons, bubbles, bunny glasses/ears, finger puppets, enjoy life chocolate bars, fancy pants cookies from whole foods, maybe peeps, and I recently noticed that whole foods has some packaged candy that is safe for us (dark chocolate and gummies). I'm going to check out the $1 section and Easter section at Target for small toys....craft stores also have some great easter basket items.

We are planning to do an easter egg hunt as well, but I think we'll leave the eggs empty because at this age I think they'll just be excited to find the eggs!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"