2nd Trimester
Options

Head cold paranoia?

I have such a bad head cold for the last couple of days that I'm afraid that all of the coughing and sneezing is hurting the LO.  I even ordered a doppler this morning online so that I can hear the heartbeat before my next appt in 2 weeks.

Anyone else ever deal with this? 

Re: Head cold paranoia?

• Options

Yup, I wouldn't hang out with anyone or go to the grocery store in fear of catching something else at the same time, I would make DH wash his hands 30 times a day and I did every natural cold remedy there was and took my temp over 10 times per day.

But I feel kind of silly looking back, cold are even more common in pregnancy and our bodies are really good at protecting our babies.

• Options
    I am totally paranoid too - I am staying with my parents this week and my mum has had really bad gastro - I have been disinfecting the whole house about a million times a day and harassing them all to wash their hands so I don't catch it! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Coughing and sneezing won't hurt them at all.  Working out causing more jarring than any of that and it's fine.  The only thing to worry about is if you get a fever so just keep an eye on that.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Ditto what PP said. The coughing, sneezing, stuffy nose is not to going to affect the baby at all. But if you get a fever, you definitely should take some tylenol so your body and baby don't get too hot. And of course check any medications with your doc before taking them. I am at the tail end of an awful head cold and I've had to take tylenol during the day and benadryl at night in order to get any kind of rest. I went med-free for the first two days and couldn't take the sleepless nights anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"