Breastfeeding
Options

Night weaning advice please

I'm desperate to get more sleep. Mirabelle is almost 8 months old, EBF except for some solids and wakes up about every 2 hours to nurse. She sometimes comfort nurses and I take her off and put her in the crib and let her cry. We did sleep easy except for the night weaning. I tried goin in an hour early but then she was up every hour. My DH sleeps thru her cryin. I am so exhausted that I took her to daycare yesterday and then slept most of the day. My DH thought I should feel happy and cheerful but one big nap doesn't make up for 8 months of exhaustion. Any suggestions or advice for night weaning are appreciated. Tia

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Night weaning advice please

• Options
    Have you read Ferber? He's got a few night weaning strategies. Either you space feeding farther (you can comfort before the X hours are up, but no feeds), you shorten feeds, or both. I tried mightily, but it didn't work for us until 18 months. At 8 months, we just had a week of terrible nights and crying. In the end, time made it better and he started  sleeping in 3 hour chunks rather than 90 minutes, but 8 months was the absolute worst point for sleep for us.
  • Options
    Google Dr Jay Gordon. We dont do CIO amdnthis worked really well and fast for us. We did it when ds was 14 mos. good luck!
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetokenhoser:
    Have you read Ferber? He's got a few night weaning strategies. Either you space feeding farther (you can comfort before the X hours are up, but no feeds), you shorten feeds, or both. I tried mightily, but it didn't work for us until 18 months. At 8 months, we just had a week of terrible nights and crying. In the end, time made it better and he started  sleeping in 3 hour chunks rather than 90 minutes, but 8 months was the absolute worst point for sleep for us.

We did Ferber too (spacing.) I tried at 9 months after discussing it with my pediatrician, and DD just wasn't ready.  We were successful shortly after she turned 1.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"