Pregnant after 35

Headache for more than 24 hours

I've had a headache since 3 am Sunday. 

I've tried staying in bed (yesterday). I've tried sleeping it off.  I've tried cool washcloths. 

The only thing that's worked for me is Tylenol and caffeine, but I usually only have one cup of coffee a day.  I've had that one cup, and I feel the headache coming back.  

Help!!!  I'm 38 years old and will be 14 weeks tomorrow. 

Married 1/14/06 Custodial Stepmom to SD 14 Mom to DD 4 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers 3 m/c - 11/06, 07/07, 5/10 Baby #2 - due 08/28/13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Headache for more than 24 hours

• Call your doctor about Fiorcet. Totally safe for pregnancy (I started in with the constant headaches around 14 weeks, too). It has some caffeine and is also a combination of Tylenol and butalbital. It usually takes me 1-2 tablets and then my headache is gone for a few days.

It's very nice to not have to have a headache for two trimesters.  Wink

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• I also had headache's for about 2 weeks around the same time, and it was Christmas!  My Dr said it was completely fine to take 2 Tylenol a few times a day until they pass.  For about a week they were pretty bad, then just a light headache for the 2nd week, and I haven't had one since!  (Thank God!)

• Loading the player...
  • I had very frequent headaches that started in second tri and have gotten better in the last few weeks.  I only ever took tylenol (several times a day) which did help and I would drink a coke or coffee.  It felt like they would never really go away for long but luckily never progressed to migraines which I have had in the past.  I agree with Daniele to talk to your doc about a rx though if its really bad.  My doctor said they tend to get better after 20 weeks but for me it was longer.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I am also a big fan of Fioricet. I have only needed to use it a few times, but when I needed relief, it gave me some. You can "make your own" Fioricet without the barbiturate component by taking some acetaminophen (Tylenol) with some caffeine (coffee, tea, Coke) as other posters have suggested.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Magnesium is safe too. I went to after hours and had an injection. I now take 500 mg a day and 5001000 as I get a migraine. Worth looking into
  • I'm also getting allot of headaches. Tylenol doesn't help. I won't sleep if I have any caffeine. I'll ask my doctor about the medication mentioned. Mine started pretty early. I'm 21 weeks now and I have them most days. They radiate down my neck. I've never experienced migraines; but they behave like what people describe as such.
    Forgiveness sets YOU free!
  • The new data on Triptans during pregnancy is also very encouraging. https://voices.yahoo.com/triptan-drugs-safe-pregnant-women-migraines-6761078.html?cat=5

My doctor prescribed Imitrex for my migraines, as Tylenol, Caffeine and Magnesium were not cutting it.

No need to be a martyr. In fact, the data suggests that it is worse for baby for headaches to go untreated (see above). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"