Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie!!

Hey everyone I'm new to the board. My husband and I are TTC for about 8 months. I just had my first dose of clomid last month b/c when I was first tested I was at .4 so go go back in for another progesterone testing next week to see how I'm doing. I just had an HSG testing and they said my spill was awesome so I guess I have to work on getting my ovulation levels up. I'm also new to these abbreviations so if someone has a cheat sheet that would be great!!!

Re: Newbie!!

• Newbie link at the top of this page and abbreviations at the bottom left....
  • Good Luck and all but.... 

How old are you?

Why are you having testing before a year?

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be 30 this year. I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong because when I was 19 I was pregnant and miscarried. So my boyfriendat the time kept trying and nothing. So he cheated and got someone pregnant so I always thought something was wrong with me.
  • Please tell me you live in Canada and are not the reason my insurance premiums continue to rise and cover less.

ETA: I am not a Canadian hater!

CafeMom Tickers
  • No! Im a hard working woman that has health insurance. So if that's what I want to do I will! If you don't have any good encouragement please exit this forum with no reply! Thanks!
  • imagegemini919:
    No! Im a hard working woman that has health insurance. So if that's what I want to do I will! If you don't have any good encouragement please exit this forum with no reply! Thanks!

As am I. I spend a fortune in health care premiums for them to cover hardly anything. Why? Because people run and get testing and take clomid 6 months in. I will say nothing positive.

CafeMom Tickers
  • imagegemini919:
    No! Im a hard working woman that has health insurance. So if that's what I want to do I will! If you don't have any good encouragement please exit this forum with no reply! Thanks!

No. Pm is right.

Your doc is an idiot for doing an HSG after giving you Clomid. Are you being monitored while taking it? Please god tell me that you are.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• imagegemini919:
    Hey everyone I'm new to the board. My husband and I are TTC for about 8 months. I just had my first dose of clomid last month b/c when I was first tested I was at .4 so go go back in for another progesterone testing next week to see how I'm doing. I just had an HSG testing and they said my spill was awesome so I guess I have to work on getting my ovulation levels up. I'm also new to these abbreviations so if someone has a cheat sheet that would be great!!!

::sigh::

It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant.  There is no need for a 30 year old woman to seek testing or treatment before a year of TTC (the exception is if you have some other symptoms such as long anovulatory cycles, endo, etc).

Was your progesterone test done at 7 DPO?  If not it is not valid.

Also while taking Clomid you should be monitored by ultrasound.  Clomid can cause cysts, thin your lining to the point implantation would be impossible, and can cause hyperstimulation of your ovaries.  

My advice is to hold off on your treatment and try charting your BBT if you haven't yet. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"