Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4 mo. wakeful + growth spurt + am I messing up his routine + yikes.

Little guy is 4 mo on Monday.. since he turned 3 mo we have been using the Halo swaddle me and he's been sleeping in his crib, he transitioned nicely out of the RNP in our room. He was sleeping 4-5 hour stretches and waking for feedings, I EBF so I'd leave my bed and go into his nursery and feed him in a chair, then back in the crib.

Well the past week he's been eating every two hours, but it seems the nights were okay. In the past week he's learned how to roll, so no more swaddling... he seems to handle it OK for naps but not at night. Also now he's eating every two hours at night. 

So, I caved and the past two nights we're camped out in the guest bed, so I can just turn and feed him and we can both get back to sleep. He is really flailing a lot without the swaddle. I can help calm him too when I'm right there next to him.

Am I being selfish? Should I keep the crib routine going on even though I will be a zombie waking, walking to his room, getting him out of the crib, putting him back, freaking out that he'll roll himself into the side of the crib, dealing with how ticked off he is unswaddled? etc.

Or is it OK to take this break while he's eating so much? 

Thanks for any advice! 

-LJ
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 4 mo. wakeful + growth spurt + am I messing up his routine + yikes.

• I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. Do what works for you and you feel comfortable with. Neither situation will be "bad" for him. Personally I would leave him in his own room because I sleep horribly with a baby in bed next to be and even if I'm getting up more often I just need my own space for the little sleep I do get. That won't be the answer for everyone though. Good luck and I hope he starts sleeping better for you soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Agreed. I would totally just do what works for now and transition back later! That's what I would do anyways :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I do what works for my family. Mommys need sleep too. An unhappy mommy isn't good for anyone. If you have to break the routine to keep your sanity I say do it. You can get back to routine once the growth spurt ends.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 2 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"