LGBT Parenting
Options

Looking for KD AI help

Hi everyone :) I'm sorry to butt in on your board here, but I know you would be the group with the experience to help me. I am currently TTC with a KD. I've read and read and read (and read) and i feel after 10 months of research I have this DOWN. now that I'm 15 days from O, I'm terrified. I've been charting for years and I feel 95% confident that I O on either CD17 or CD18 almost always. my KD has our baby dust delivery kit, and I have to tell him what day to have the swimmers here. Would I be right to ask him to have them here on CD15 or should I say 16? I plan on using preseed, so I know that helps... but with only 1 vial it makes me nervous. As of right now, I should O on March 15. He's overnighting the swimmers from TN.

help? :) I appreciate any of your knowledge and experience. 

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Looking for KD AI help

• Options

I'm assuming they are frozen? Sperm doesn't live all that long outside the body. If it where me I would probably do my insem on CD 16. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm afraid I haven't heard of others (yet) who have used this process. All of the folks I know that have used KDs have traveled to be there in person, using fresh sperm.  I do believe that is the most effective.  I don't have advice for you on what day to try, but if it does not work out this month, I would encourage you to consider traveling next month. I know it is expensive, but after the years you wrote that you've been preparing, I imagine you are willing to do everything you can!

Very best of luck to you:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you using the Biotranz shipper? That will put the sperm in a "slumber". I think CD16 would be best if you anticipate O on CD17 or 18. Is it possible for him to ship twice? Once for a CD16 insemination and once for a CD18?
    TTC since February 2013

LGBT Regular with an AE while TTC

And who am I? That's a secret I'll never tell.
    You know you love me.
    xoxo

• Options
    imageLiteraryJinx:
    Are you using the Biotranz shipper? That will put the sperm in a "slumber". I think CD16 would be best if you anticipate O on CD17 or 18. Is it possible for him to ship twice? Once for a CD16 insemination and once for a CD18?

Almost identical to biotranz. It's through baby dust delivery. Same concept. Next month, we are going to do 1 shipment 2 days before and one on O day. It's just with this being the first time
    We've tried shipping, I wanted to kind of practice first.

Traveling is definitely something I can consider if the first few tries doesn't work. I'm in a mandatory 8 week training program at work, so going out of town isn't an option for a few more weeks. In going to tell him CD 16. With preseed that might work just as well as any.

I appreciate your help, all!
  • Options
    imagelucubratrix:
    We conceived our DS1 this way we sort of made our own BioTranz shipper, and it worked well!nbsp;We would test OPK/fertility monitor at 3am on days where we suspected we were getting close, and then if we got a positive we'd call for 6am EST we are on the west coast so that KD could get the package off before work. We would sometimes do a justincase shipment if it looked like we might o during the noship window you can't get a delivery on Sunday or Monday, as you well know... well, you can get a delivery on Monday but the sperm from Saturday would probably be dead. nbsp;I would aim for inseminating on the day after your positive OPK, or the day of. Note that the cooled sperm might not be as hardy as if they were fresh.

This is so encouraging! What did you use for the biotranz you made yourself? I think I'm going to talk to my donor and starting in May If needed ill arrange to go up there for a few months. He isn't close enough to drive there, so it'll take some planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"