TTC After a Loss
Options

Loss mentioned, not mine. Helping a friend.

Today at work we had a temp come in that hasn't been here in a few months. Last time she was here, she told us she was expecting. I asked her today how she was doing with her pregnancy and she told me she had a loss at 20 weeks. My heart broke for her. I was able to share with her that I had a loss as well and we ended up having a really great conversation. She said she had dreaded coming here because my boss' wife is pregnant and their due dates were 2 weeks apart and she knew it would come up. No one else has asked her about it and we're here for one more hour. Part of me thinks I should warn my boss not to say anything to her but another part of me doesn't want to bring it up because it's not my business to share. I just don't want her to be in an awkward conversation with him as she is getting ready to leave if he asks her about it. Should I say anything to my boss or not? WWTTCAL do?

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
            D&C 12/12/12
BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Loss mentioned, not mine. Helping a friend.

• Options

imagesamjen2010:
    Today at work we had a temp come in that hasn't been here in a few months. Last time she was here, she told us she was expecting. I asked her today how she was doing with her pregnancy and she told me she had a loss at 20 weeks. My heart broke for her. I was able to share with her that I had a loss as well and we ended up having a really great conversation. She said she had dreaded coming here because my boss' wife is pregnant and their due dates were 2 weeks apart and she knew it would come up. No one else has asked her about it and we're here for one more hour. Part of me thinks I should warn my boss not to say anything to her but another part of me doesn't want to bring it up because it's not my business to share. I just don't want her to be in an awkward conversation with him as she is getting ready to leave if he asks her about it. Should I say anything to my boss or not? WWTTCAL do?

Bolded part right there....

If I were her, I wouldn't want anyone talking about me and what happened to me behind my back, regardless of the good intent there.  I would want to handle it myself IF it came up.  Which you would be doing something where you would be talking about her behind her back, albeit with good intent, before there's even a reason to.  He might already realize the situation without you jumping in and saying anything.

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

***All always welcome!!***

• Options
    I wouldn't say anything either....
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image samjen2010:
    Today at work we had a temp come in that hasn't been here in a few months. Last time she was here, she told us she was expecting. I asked her today how she was doing with her pregnancy and she told me she had a loss at 20 weeks. My heart broke for her. I was able to share with her that I had a loss as well and we ended up having a really great conversation. She said she had dreaded coming here because my boss' wife is pregnant and their due dates were 2 weeks apart and she knew it would come up. No one else has asked her about it and we're here for one more hour. Part of me thinks I should warn my boss not to say anything to her but another part of me doesn't want to bring it up because it's not my business to share. I just don't want her to be in an awkward conversation with him as she is getting ready to leave if he asks her about it. Should I say anything to my boss or not? WWTTCAL do?

"Bolded part right there....

If I were her, I wouldn't want anyone talking about me and what happened to me behind my back, regardless of the good intent there.  I would want to handle it myself IF it came up.  Which you would be doing something where you would be talking about her behind her back, albeit with good intent, before there's even a reason to.  He might already realize the situation without you jumping in and saying anything."

You are right. If the situation was reversed I wouldn't want her to say anything.

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

• Options

It's nice that your looking out for her but I don't think I would say anything. When I went back to work however I ask one of my close friends at work to tell everyone before I got back so that I wouldn't have to be asked and have to explain what happened so many times.  I don't know how I would have felt if she would have went ahead and told everyone with out me asking. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"