Babies on the Brain
Options

Lurker with OPK question

I think I may be getting my first post partum period, and would like to know if I'm ovulating or not. I don't get 4 hours of unbroken sleep at night, so charting wouldn't always be accurate. I was thinking of picking up some of the cheap OPKs and just using one every morning or other morning. I've never used OPKs before, just charted, and wasn't sure if the every day or every other day method would catch the surge.

We aren't TTC, so it's not like I would be timing intercourse based on the results, I just want to know what my body is up to. Thoughts or insights?

imageimageimage
imageimage
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Re: Lurker with OPK question

• Options
    I am a cheating charter (?) I nurse overnight so con't usually get 4 uninterupted hours either.  I check my CM and position and then usd the wondfo OPKs off of amazon to try and keep track of my cycle.  Thus far I've detected my ovulation 4 months in a row "successfully" as my period arrived when I anticipated it based upon when I pegged ovulation.  Have you read Taking Control of Your Fertility? Amazed me with what I didn't know about my body!
  • Options
    You may want to test twice a day around your expected ovulation to make sure you catch your surge. You will use more sticks for a few days, but it will be more accurate.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies! I never bothered using OPKs when we were TTC, so I didn't ever really have the experience with them. I'll buy some of the cheap wondfos so that if I burn through them it's not a big expense.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"