March 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Movement?

Stressed about lo movement.
So today I woke up about 8am and baby was noticeably curled up under my right rib. It shocked my because it was such a big ball I thought it was his head! Which I freaked because he's been head down since 34 weeks. I quickly realized it was his legs curled up. 11am rolls around and I realize he is still in the same spot and hasn't moved. I'm still in bed so I know I didn't miss any moves. I had already had breakfast and water. So I started to probe him to move. Nothing. I called my doctor and she told me I could go into the hospital, that my doctor was on call, or I could do kick counts first and go from there. I drank some juice and counted kicks. I got 10 moves in an hour. I calmed down a little and stayed home. It's now 2pm has still had no noticeable activity. My lo is usually extremely active. He's never worried me. He's always active at 8am when I wake up, around noon when I'm at work for lunch, and around 4pm and 10pm and has significant movement in between.
I know I got the movements needed, but isn't decreased movement something to worry about? He is still curled up under my rib. Hasn't moved from the position. All of his movements have been tiny shifts. He also gets hiccups 34x a day. He has had 0 so far. I know I could be stressing myself out.... But isn't it better to be safe than sorry? Isn't that why they ask us all the time how baby is moving?

Re: Baby Movement?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"