Toddlers: 24 Months+

Need help...

Hi all,
To moms and dads of toddlers in Pre

I am due July 1st and have toddle who's 28 months ready for prek. He's never been in day care or away from home. He's potty trained and showing all signs of being ready for school. My plan was to start him in prek in April so that I have 3 months with him to help him adjust into school and get him into routine before baby comes that's easy to follow for my in laws and husband so it's easier for me once I'm busy with baby.
Problem that occurred is that the school we really like is a very good disciplined montessori school and they can only start him in their summer program which starts end of June. But they have offered to let him come in in may and June as many days we need for 15 mins or so to get him familiar with with teachers and students and etc. however it will not get him used to the schedule and being away from home and making sure he eats well before and after school.
So I found another affordable non montessori school which has opening for two days a week and I'm thinking maybe we can start him there for two months and then if we still like the other school better we can start taking him there for three days to see and start getting him used to the school and then he would transition to it 5 days a week in June.
So question is if it's okay that we would switch schools? People do that right and it will give me idea of montessori vs not not montessori and which is better for him.

Please give me your opinions and advice. It's very important for me to spend two months with him to adjust to school without worrying about baby and it makes it fair for baby and toddler.
Thanks.

Re: Need help...

• The only advice I can really say as a momma and a daycare worker is that it may be hard on him switching schools once he is really starting to get used to one. If it were me I would put DD is whichever I thought was better first, get some advice and comments about each through friends, family and anyone that has children in both school settings then make a final decision on which to put LO in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"