September 2011 Moms
Options

Just outed myself at work

I'm an RN. My patient had this rash probable shingles. So I ended up having to tell my manager, supervisor and everyone else giving me he aide eye for a mid day assignment switch.

Now half the staff knows because people can't keep their mouths shut.

This is more of a vent than anything. 5 weeks is waaaasu earlier than I wanted to tell a dim bummed.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just outed myself at work

• Options
    Not ideal, but definitely better safe than sorry!
  • Options

I'm sure it's way earlier than you wanted, but at least you and baby are safe.

now when you have morning sickness, you won't have to hide it :) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My m/s outed me at 6ish weeks with Augie.  I'm sorry :(

But you most definitely can't expose yourself to shingles!

• Options
    This time around I told my manager and inmediate co-workers right around 5 weeks as well, I was just eating like a pig and started showing right away so I figured it was better for me to tell them because they were going to notice it anyway.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My coworkers all figured it out by 7 weeks with L, since I was constantly carrying crackers and ginger ale with me :( Sorry it happened sooner than you wanted, but at least you didn't expose yourself to shingles!

• Options

Bummer. At least you don't have to worry if you run off due to m/s.

Random question - is shingles contagious? I always thought it was only contagious if you had not had chicken pox or the vaccine. Is this not true? Or does it change when you are pregnant?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, I think my coworkers were very suspicious when I was suddenly throwing up in my trash can around 6 weeks. I didn't tell many people, then was "outed" to a supervisor by one of my coworkers. I can understand the annoyance of half the staff knowing because people can't keep information to themselves.
  • Options
    imageMsCrispy:

Bummer. At least you don't have to worry if you run off due to m/s.

Random question - is shingles contagious? I always thought it was only contagious if you had not had chicken pox or the vaccine. Is this not true? Or does it change when you are pregnant?

Sorry you had to out yourself Casey! You are right MsCrispy. It is only contagious if you never had chicken pox or the vaccine.  

"From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
  • Options
    Sorry girl, I am a firm believer that everything happens just the way it is intended.. maybe those big mouth coworkers are sticky baby vibes in the grand scheme of things Big Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"