May 2013 Moms
Options

So far the most embaressing pregnancy moment EVER!

I thought I would share.... Some of you can probably relate even!  

So I was sitting in the accupuncture room with my needles in and suddenly felt sick. I had brought a bottle of water, and starting drinking water to try to feel better.

All the sudden I had to throw up there was no stopping it, I knew I would never make it to the bathroom, and the garbage can didn't have a bag in it yet. So thank goodness for the sink cause it got er. I power puked like never before. It was really awful. Thank you morning sickness you have striked again when I have least expected you!

It was kind of funny after though I mean what are the chances that would happen there and thank goodness the guy never walked in, cause it would of been a tad uncomfortable....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So far the most embaressing pregnancy moment EVER!

• Options
    Oh geez!! I have a degree in acupuncture and I assure you that your acupuncturist would have much rather you puked all over the floor then get up and walk around with needles in. I'm assuming since your pregnant there weren't any in your abdomen, but you could have caused more damage by getting up and pushing a needle deeper than it was supposed to go. We talk about vomit, poop, pee and periods so much through 3years of school a little vomit would not have phased them I'm sure! Anywho, sorry your feeling bad! Hopefully it's short lived!
  • Options

my sickness is back too! Tongue Tied. I have felt like power puking since last week every morning but luckily haven't yet but i'm sure it's going to happen at some point before my lo makes an enterance...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesmash1228:
    Oh geez!! I have a degree in acupuncture and I assure you that your acupuncturist would have much rather you puked all over the floor then get up and walk around with needles in. I'm assuming since your pregnant there weren't any in your abdomen, but you could have caused more damage by getting up and pushing a needle deeper than it was supposed to go. We talk about vomit, poop, pee and periods so much through 3years of school a little vomit would not have phased them I'm sure! Anywho, sorry your feeling bad! Hopefully it's short lived!

I didn't even know this! Yikes! I know for next time, hopefully there isn't one though.
  • Options
    imagesmash1228:

Sounds like it would be a good idea to cover this with pregnant patients. I did acupuncture for my morning sickness this time, but fortunately never puked during treatment. I did however always have a gallon ziplock bag at arms reach no matter where I was. I puked into enough awkward recepticals with my first one that I learned to not leave home without then!
    BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKatieKaboom1:
    Sounds like it would be a good idea to cover this with pregnant patients. I did acupuncture for my morning sickness this time, but fortunately never puked during treatment. I did however always have a gallon ziplock bag at arms reach no matter where I was. I puked into enough awkward recepticals with my first one that I learned to not leave home without then!

Ziplock bags are AMAZING. They certainly saved my car from being a disgusting, smelly mess. I think every pregnant woman should keep one close by. Or two or three.

Honestly, though, I probably would have gotten up, too. I've never done acupuncture, so I would have done what I thought was polite-- not throwing up on the floor. They probably SHOULD go over this sort of thing with pregnant women and/or keep a trash can close by. 

Hope you are feeling better! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"