Trying to Get Pregnant

NTTGPR: Bad Haircuts

I just got my hair cut and it's bad. I'm forced to part my hair on the other side because it just looks ridiculous how I normally part it. One the plus side, it'll grow back. And it's kinda like a new do because it's parted differently. Ha!

Have you ever gotten a haircut so bad that it made you want to stay inside for a while?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image   image

Re: NTTGPR: Bad Haircuts

• I once went to get my bangs trimmed because they were getting in my eyes...the woman cut them halfway up my forehead! I wanted to murder her! I had to clip my bangs back for weeks before they were an acceptable length to wear as bangs again!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• LOL that sucks

Last year, after my 3rd m/c I had, kind of an emotional breakdown, got drunk with friends, grabbed some scissors and cut off about 12 inches of MY OWN hair. I ended up having to get it fixed (2 days later....) it was BAD.

TTC #1 Since December 2009
    BFP #1 05/16/10 EDD 01/13/11 natural m/c 11w1d (unknown cause)
    BFP #2 03/24/11 EDD 12/06/11 missed m/c D&C 10w (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #3 12/24/11 EDD 09/02/12 missed m/c D&C 10w4d (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #4 02/10/14 EDD 10/19/14  - Baby boy made his arrival 10/02/14
    !
    BFP #5 05/08/15 EDD 01/19/16 C/P 05/14/15
    BFP #6 06/05/15 EDD 02/18/16 *It's a GIRL!!*

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the same issue as PP when I used to have bangs. Also, in high school I went to one of those cheap hair shops. I've always been very protective/particular of my hair and told the lady I only wanted half an inch off. What does she do? Holds a chunk up over my head, snips a huge piece off and goes "oops!". Needless to say I left with my hair a lot shorter than I had asked and wanted to strangle the woman.
  • Yeah, I went in for layers one time and ended up getting the haircut that the Mom has on the Brady Bunch. Complete with the little flip. I cried and made them cut that whole layer off and ended up with chin length hair for the only time in my life. I was 19 so it was a bigger deal than it would be at 32. It would still suck now though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My hair was a little past my shoulders last year. I went to get a trim at a local salon. I found a picture in one of the hair magazines there of shoulder length style with layers that I really liked. I showed the hair dresser the pic and she went "You wanna go that short?!"...I was confused but went "Yeah, I don't think it's short at all"...Well she ended up cutting my hair to my chin. I was mortified but ended up loving it lol.
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• imagecjchio:
    I have super curly hair.And until I found my current stylist who knows what she is doing, I've had some sad haircuts. The worst was when this woman straightened it and cut it. Even straight, she cut it so lopsided it was sad. I went back in, and another girl fixed it the best she could. It had to be cut short to match, and I looked like Little Orphan Annie.  

I have curly hair as well and know exactly what you mean! It's hard finding someone competent enough to cut curly hair without completely butchering it.

• My mother is not a girly-girl type of mom.  She never taught us to do our make-up or our hair, and I am not entirely certain she even taught us to shave our legs - we might have learned that from the other girls at school.  She did, however, teach me physics.

What does this have to do with haircuts?  Because she was not very girly, she had my hair cut in either a Peter Pan cut or a bowl cut until I was 14.  And yes, looking at the pictures now, I wonder why I ever went outside.  In the bowl cut, I looked like one of the mushrooms from Super Mario Brothers. 

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
  • I used to get my hair cut and colored at a beauty school and never ever had an issue... until one day when the instructor decided the student hadn't given me the cut I wanted and butchered the hell out of my hair.  It was 3 days before I was travelling on my first business trip, and right before I had to go get my new ID. I was mortified and in tears, red/swollen eyes in my Illinois state ID, and made a mad rush to find someone who could fix it before my flight.  Seriously, it looked like I let a 3 year old go to town on my hair with some scissors.

The happy ending was it ended up being a cute, short cut and I met my to-be husband, that likes short hair on girls, on that trip.

My mother is not a girly-girl type of mom.  She never taught us to do our make-up or our hair, and I am not entirely certain she even taught us to shave our legs - we might have learned that from the other girls at school.  She did, however, teach me physics.

What does this have to do with haircuts?  Because she was not very girly, she had my hair cut in either a Peter Pan cut or a bowl cut until I was 14.  And yes, looking at the pictures now, I wonder why I ever went outside.  In the bowl cut, I looked like one of the mushrooms from Super Mario Brothers. 

this exactly.  My mom chopped my hair off (Peter Pan style). I looked like a boy and hated it.  If it wasn't for the fact I had a dress on in some pictures you couldn't guess I was a girl.

• When I was in junior high, I wanted a pixie cut (why I wanted it, no idea). Well, the stylist basically just cut my hair like a boys. It was sort of like Justin Bieber's hair. I went to another salon to try to get it fixed, but there was no way. It was hideous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I JUST made an appointment at a salon near my house because I have a photo shoot tomorrow. I'm supposed to be there in 30 minutes and now I'm terrified!
  • My mom owned a flowbee. 'Nuff said.

It only happened once, but it was traumatic. The vacuum had teeth.
    TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• imageKenziK:

imagecjchio:
    I have super curly hair.And until I found my current stylist who knows what she is doing, I've had some sad haircuts. The worst was when this woman straightened it and cut it. Even straight, she cut it so lopsided it was sad. I went back in, and another girl fixed it the best she could. It had to be cut short to match, and I looked like Little Orphan Annie.  

I have curly hair as well and know exactly what you mean! It's hard finding someone competent enough to cut curly hair without completely butchering it.

Super thick curly hair right here.  I had a perpetual bad hair day from 12 until about 18.  I had a few times where I had my hair cut short and ended up with pyramid shaped hair. I also had a lady decide to "thin" my hair and I ended up with a frizzy mess.  

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• My mom is a cosmetology instructor so Ive had my fair share of bad haircuts and colors
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • I let my mom's hairstylist cut my hair when I was visiting because she was like 1/10th the cost of my haircuts. Bad idea jeans but it grew out fairly fast.

I tease my mom because she still sees this stylist. I refer to her as "the butcher!!!" 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"