Cloth Diapering

what to do?

Any ideas on how to handle this...

My mom made me a few diaper covers and they arrived today BUT they look like huge doll diapers.  IDK what kind of pattern she used but there is absolutely no gathering in the leg openings and the crotch area (between the legs) is about 6 inches wide.  I can't see how they would NOT leak or fit on a newborn. Sad

My mom is not in good health and lives 6ish hours away so she won't be coming to visit often so I can get away with buying some "real" covers.  I figure the padding she made for these covers can be used in pockets or even just folded to fit in other covers and if all else fails use them as burp cloths. 

On the other hand, the bags she made, do look like they will be useable.

Any ideas for the covers?

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook

Re: what to do?

• I have an aunt who lives out of state and made DS a similar sounding diaper cover...this weekend I plan to do a couple posed pictures of DS in the cover and then tuck it away.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • you could put them around the real cloth diapers for photo ops? :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • after the photo op, save them until your kid is old enough to have a baby doll - it will be sweet to be able to bust out the diapers grandma made for then.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • I hadn't thought of photos -- I like that idea.  Thanks.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"