TTC After a Loss

DCs

Hi ladies,
I'm new to this board looks like I will probably be having a DC tomorrow. I was just wondering what your experiences with this procedure were like? also, I gave up running while pregnant but I'd like to return to it as soon as possible...I think it will help me emotionally recover faster. if you're an exerciser, how long did you take before going back to your routine? Thank you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: DCs

• thank you! I'm not sure about the anesthesia, but I have has no miscarriage symptoms at all so far. I am not even sure if I can have the DC tomorrow, but I am hoping to get it over with ASAP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBookshelves:
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Your experience will be different based on what kind of anaesthesia is used. I was put under by IV and don't remember a thing between the moment the IV went in and waking up in recovery. I was running again about three weeks after. I think I could've tried after two, but I was really feeling weakened because I'd been bleeding for several weeks prior to the operation. My bleeding after the operation only lasted a few days. I was dying to work out, but made do with some really light yoga until I felt ready to run. Running definitely helped my physical and emotional health! I hope your recovery will be fast and you'll be running again soon! ETA I don't know if you have a ticker that says how far along you are, because I'm on my phone. For reference, I was very early, about 7 weeks at most.

Yes Exactly this, except I was 11 weeks.  I tried working out again after two weeks but found that it just made my bleeding worsen so I stopped.  The whole procedure hurts more emotionally than it is physically.

I am so sorry for your loss OP, good luck! ((hugs))  

ETA: wording 

9.08.12 BFP! | 11.01.12 MMC Discovered at 12 weeks| 11.06.12 D&C 
    11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    7.01.15 BFP#3| 10.06.15 TEAM BLUE!| EDD 3.02.16
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageashx3renee:

imageBookshelves:
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Your experience will be different based on what kind of anaesthesia is used. I was put under by IV and don't remember a thing between the moment the IV went in and waking up in recovery. I was running again about three weeks after. I think I could've tried after two, but I was really feeling weakened because I'd been bleeding for several weeks prior to the operation. My bleeding after the operation only lasted a few days. I was dying to work out, but made do with some really light yoga until I felt ready to run. Running definitely helped my physical and emotional health! I hope your recovery will be fast and you'll be running again soon! ETA I don't know if you have a ticker that says how far along you are, because I'm on my phone. For reference, I was very early, about 7 weeks at most.

Yes Exactly this, except I was 11 weeks.  I tried working out again after two weeks but found that it just made my bleeding worsen so I stopped.  The whole procedure hurts more emotionally than it is physically.

I am so sorry for your loss OP, good luck! ((hugs))  

ETA: wording 

This was my experience as well. And it was definitely more of an emotional hurt for me than anything else.

I had a mmc at 12 weeks, scheduled a D&C for the following day, but ended up m/c that day. I had retained tissue and had a D&C about a month later. 

So sorry for your loss

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • I found out last thurs I Had a missed miscarriage. I had DnC the next day. I had Iv and gas anesthesia. I had no signs of anything before. After was no problem with me no pain at all no cramping no bleeding or spotting. I heard u can spot for two weeks after. I just had a little spotting today.
    My lower back was sore for one to two days a few days after the procedure.

I am being careful for two weeks after. I took this week off work. Way too emotional but did have closure w the procedure.
    I am going back to work Monday but will take it easy. Have follow up appointment in a month with Dr.

Will be thinking of you.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"