August 2013 Moms

Hormonal vent!

Okay normally little things wouldn't push me over the edge but I need to let it all out! I told my friend about how I'm excited to cloth diaper my baby because of several reasons. Not saying its for everyone. But i never asked her opinion, i guess she felt the need to knock my idea and tell me my child will stink, the house will smell and on and on! I never ASKED for her opinion! So then last night she sends me a picture of "reusable pads" for your period! Okay that's a little extreme in my opinion. I told her its not like that and she said she would rather use those than have to clean off poop from a diaper! Wow. I'm just sooo annoyed! I never asked her what she thought....I thiught I could share something I am excited about for my future baby! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when it's not asked for why share it? Just keep your damn mouth shut. Damn hormones are getting the best of me!!

Re: Hormonal vent!

• That argument irritates the shiitt out of me. Human poop isn't supposed to go in landfills, so she's not even following the disposable instructions correctly.

ETA lol at my unintentional pun!
    image"">imageimageimage

• Well that's what happens when you share info like this. People will always give their opinions.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I just laugh it off. If people want to be ignorant that's on them, you know?

btw, check out diaperswappers and the cloth diapering forum for lots of good info, I CD' my last 2 and will do this one as well :)

and I saw that Facebook thing too, the reactions were kind of appalling. I loved the random voice of reason that was like, uh, what do you think women used for thousands of years? 

image image

• I ALWAYS get looks and other people's opinion about it. My comment back is always your not the one changing them so why do you care. I Love cloth and will never go back did it with my last 2 and plan on doing it with this one as well.
  • Everyone seems to have very strong opinions about cloth diapering. The negative people are typically extremely uninformed, so who cares what they say? Alot of my family didn't see anything wrong with cloth, didn't think it was gross or anything, but they ALL said I wouldn't stick with it. All I could say was, did you guys forget who you are talking to? I follow through with my plans 99% of the time. They were just projecting their own feelings onto me, because I doubt any of them would keep up with the laundry demand.

On a side note, while I don't use cloth pads, I don't see how they are any more extreme than cloth diapers. I use a diva cup because I hate pads, but honestly if you are into saving money and the environment, I don't see why anyone would drawn a line with menstrual products and not with CD.  

ETA: I'm sure you already know that your house and child aren't going to stink, but just wanted to throw out that my diaper pail doesn't stink, nor does my child. If your diapers stink, you need to strip them. Whenever DD is in disposables though, I can smell her the second she pees. 

imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I completely understand! I've only told a handful of people that we plan to cloth diaper but, instead of asking legitimate questions like "are they hard to keep clean" and "is it expensive" all i get is "eww, it's going to smell awful, it's going to be awful to clean, there's no way you're going to stick to it" and more judgy, non-supportive things. 

It's not like you would decide something like that without having done some research so give us some credit! People can be so rude and judgy!

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • Well, good luck on CDing. We've done it with DS since he was five months old, and plan on using those same diapers for this lo. It's a great thing and a great choice, don't let others get you down about doing it.

Clearly, I love my cloth diapers, not only for environmental and cost-saving reasons, but because while using cloth, I can count the number of blowouts we've had on one hand. Those suckers hold in EVERYTHING. Tell those people that are freaking out about cleaning up poop that at least you won't be cleaning it up off your kids clothing!

BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've only told my mom and my DH so far that I plan to cloth diaper.  My DH is completely on board without any convincing.  My mom was hesitant at first because she thinks of the ones she tried on me 30 years ago and gave up on and switched to disposables.  then she brought up day care and how they won't cloth diaper.  I told her diapers have changed since then and a lot of day cares don't care if it's cloth or disposable.  I had her look up the diapers online and THEN she realized I wasn't crazy and I actually did my research and yes they are a lot different than the ones she used.  

I would say most of the people that give negative reactions are uneducated on the subject.  you could try to give them reasons or just ignore it or easiest is don't share your parenting  plans with other people unless they need to know or are interested.  if my friends see my child in a cloth diaper and ask questions about it that's fine but I'm not going to go around volunteering that info either.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSoleil3:
    I just laugh it off. If people want to be ignorant that's on them, you know?btw, check out diaperswappers and the cloth diapering forum for lots of good info, I CD' my last 2 and will do this one as well :nbsp;and I saw that Facebook thing too, the reactions were kind of appalling. I loved the random voice of reason that was like, uh, what do you think women used for thousands of years?nbsp;
    thanks for the tip:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"