Attachment Parenting
Options

Hip hold with the Ergo?

Has anyone had experience with the hip hold with the Ergo? I've tried and tried and tried and can't seem to get it right. I'm relatively short (5'3") Could this be the problem?

Re: Hip hold with the Ergo?

• Options
    I never got it to work. I bought a ring sling.
  • Options

imagetokenhoser:
    I never got it to work. I bought a ring sling.

I tried one when my son was little and he hated it, which was weird since he loved the Moby. Did you notice a difference in the way your LO liked it from the time they were only a month or so old to when they were around 6-7 months? I love having K in the carrier, but the to the front holds are getting harder as he gets bigger.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

coming out of lurkdom......I hated the ring sling when he was little, i felt like we were never comfortable when he was small, and couldnt sit up. By the time DS1 was about 8-12 months old he was mobile but would get tired easy and want to be picked up is when I loved the ring sling is was easy to pick him up and put him in it, carry him for a while then put him back down so he could walk more. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I bought the ring sling when he was about 6 months old because it's so good for hip carries. It's great for an older baby that wants up and down, and DS likes it because it holds him more how I would hold him, while still allowing him to look around and keep his arms out.

It's not a MUST have, but it definitely was useful for us when he was 6+ months. 

• Options
    I've don the hip carry in the Ergo a couple times, but it takes forever to get in and out of, and it always hurts my shoulder. It's not really worth it for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is a little awkward to get them in, but DD and I like this one.  I think the fit of the hold might just need some getting used to.  I naturally hip carry DD without the carrier though.  So, maybe that makes it a little easier.  I'm 5' 5" but I don't know if that would make a difference. 
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:

I bought the ring sling when he was about 6 months old because it's so good for hip carries. It's great for an older baby that wants up and down, and DS likes it because it holds him more how I would hold him, while still allowing him to look around and keep his arms out.

It's not a MUST have, but it definitely was useful for us when he was 6+ months. 

What brand do you have? I'm not sure if the one I tried was decent quality or not, so that might have been the issue.

• Options
    I think mine is WAHM (no tags on it). Just double layer cotton. There is a learning curve to using it correctly, and when it's not on right it is NOT comfortable. YouTube has videos that help a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"