Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Nothing new, just a little sad today

I am about 3.5 weeks post d&c and life is actually back to normal for the most part.  Still experiencing some spotting but it gets lighter each day.

Occasionally I catch myself thinking about everything and a sense of lonliness/sadness comes over me.  I was really excited and was ready for that stage in my life and this is what I feared most. It was my 1st pregnancy (miscarried at what should have been 10 weeks). I think to myself that by now I would have been 13 weeks and out of the "risky" part and it's hard.

Hope you are all doign ok-- even though I don't know any of you personally I really respect how honest and forthcoming this blog is.  It does make things easier.

Re: Nothing new, just a little sad today

• Thanks for your post. I had my DnC on Friday. This was our first also and we are older 39 and hubby is 41 tomorrow.
    I took this week off work and know it will get easier as time goes on but so hard right now.
    I can't wait for my follow up appointment so I can figure out when we can try again. This is helping me get through this is that we can try again.
    Thanks for your post.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I feel for you!  I mc'd four days ago with my first pregnancy and it has been a rollercoaster ever since.  Don't know if it's the shock or just my hormones shifting, but my low and high points flip-flop every hour it seems.

I agree that thinking about what could've been really makes it hit home.  I would be ending my first trimester this week.  Would've had my second ultrasound yesterday and would've seen my precious peanut wriggle around.  I was looking forward to it so much.

What's helped me is looking forward to new things.  I have a check up with the doc in two weeks - my hopes are simple.  I want to hear that I'm healthy and that we can start to TTC again when we are ready.   No rush but I will definitely feel better knowing my body is healing well.

This forum has been invaluable to me in the last couple of days.  I've learned alot from you and other posters who share their feelings.  Everyone is so giving of their experiences, advice and kind words. 

BFP 1/23/13; US 1/28/13 Perfect Peanut @ 7w! So in love!; 2/23/13 Peanut Says Goodbye; 2/24/13 Natural MC at 11w

BFP #2: 10/5/2013; EDD 6/11/2014

image  image  image   image

The Fruit        The Countdown       My Chart    

• Loading the player...
  • I miscarried on Monday on what was supposed to be an ultrasound day. It was awful having to cancel the appointment i was so excited for just a couple days before.I am going  back to work tomorrow and I am hoping everything can be as normal as possible. It was also our first but it was such hard work to even get there. I am still very sad when I am alone. I also miscarried at should have been 10 weeks. Good luck and stay strong everyone
  • I STILL think about how far along I'd be every Thursday...we'd know the sex by now :( I don't think it'll ever go away..especially since my SIL is due a week after I was due. I keep thinking its going to be born on our due date just to torture us more :( 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"