March 2013 Moms
Options

Contractions 2-4 min apart

I could use some clarity bc I am confused if anyone has experienced this.  I went into L & D on Tuesday night because I was having contractions....some strong and some mild.  While I was being monitored they told me I was having the 2-4 minutes apart.  I was dialiated only 1 cm and 60% effaced, so they told me to walk the hospital for an hour to see if I progress...well I did not so I was sent home with pain sleeping meds to get through the night.

I was told to come back when I started feeling stronger contractions or my water breaks but they have stayed the same and I feel like I am where I was on Tuesday.  I went for a super long walk and had very strong contractions immediately after, but the subsided about an hour after.  Has anyone experienced this or have any advice? I feel like having this many painful contractions should mean something. Thanks in advance, sorry so long! Oh, I am 38 weeks and 4 days

Re: Contractions 2-4 min apart

• Options
    Call your OB- you may have made some more progress since then which would change how they handle your situation. Your doc will more than likely tell you to come in (to be on the safe side), but no one here can really tell you what to do. Good luck and I hope your LO gets here soon so you don't have to withstand the consistent painful contractions!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

It doesn't sound like full labor yet.  I've gone into preterm labor several times.  The most recent was a few nights ago.  They told me that contractions will not let up when it's real, and that I likely wouldn't be able to talk through them.

I'm sure it's beyond frustrating.  I would wait a little longer to see if something happens - then maybe mid to late afternoon call your doctor and tell them how you're feeling.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice ladies.  I have my weekly appt this afternoon, so hopefully she will do another internal to see how things are going.  Keeping my fingers crossed they keep me! :)
  • Options

imagekarah0011:
    Thanks for your advice ladies.  I have my weekly appt this afternoon, so hopefully she will do another internal to see how things are going.  Keeping my fingers crossed they keep me! :)

Perfect timing for your appointment!  Update us if you can!

• Options
    What you're describing went on for about a week for me with DS before I was truly in labor.  Hang in there Mama, sounds like your body is getting ready!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"