October 2011 Moms

need advice on outlet plugs!

Hi mommies (possibly daddies),

My curious daughter has discovered that the outlet plugs that I have around the house are easy to take off. They are "safety first" and were super easy for her once she paid 5 seconds attention to it, does anyone have a curious LO and found outlet plugs they cannot take off?? thank you!!

-Anabelles mom :)

Re: need advice on outlet plugs!

• No advice, but I am living in fear that he will figure that one out soon. I will be watching this thread.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My DD takes them out if she sees them.  So I took all of them out and she pays no attention to the outlets unless there is a cord plugged in, so we put chairs in front of those.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePackerfan79:
    We replaced the entire outlets to the kind where you have to plug something in straight order for it to work. My dh got them from amazon. They are somewhat adult proof too. But we like them and they aren't a choke hazard.

We have these through out our house too, but I still put the covers on because I am paranoid lol. The ones we have, I believe are safety first and they are nothing fancy they just stuck in the outlet and cover the plug, they don't budge I struggle to get them out so I can plug in the vacuum.
    My advice would be to maybe try a different brand, maybe they will be a tighter fit and not come out so easy. Sorry that's the only advice I got!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yes. We have package sealing tape over the tops of them. DH got frustrated one day and just taped over all the outlets, it is a nice look.
  • imageAA0417:
    imagecrystalbaby:

imagePackerfan79:
    We replaced the entire outlets to the kind where you have to plug something in straight order for it to work. My dh got them from amazon. They are somewhat adult proof too. But we like them and they aren't a choke hazard.

I believe they sell these at Target and BRU as well. We haven't had any trouble with the plugs yet, but if we do, we're getting this kind.

They are called tamper resistant receptacle outlets. You can get them anywhere that sells electrical materials, such as Lowes or Home Depot. They look just like traditional receptacle outlets but when you look in the slots, you will see a white plastic blocking it just inside the slot, which moves out of the way when plugging in a cord plug.

We also did this. I didn't want to deal with having to remove a cover each time I wanted to plug something in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"