Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sleeping w blanket

At what age can LO's start to sleep w/ a blanket? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleeping w blanket

• I'm sure everyone will say this is unsafe but my lo has slept with blankets since she was a month old. It was the only way I could get her to sleep, a warm blanket gave her a sense of being held.  Shes 9 m old and loves having a blanket up to her face. 
  • When shes in the crib, I have 3 monitors on her (Snuza, Angelcare breathing and then the video monitor- a lil overboard yea prob) and she sleeps with a sleepsack wearable blanket and/or a aden and anais muslin blanket- these are really lightweight. I say if the baby has a snuza on, then make them as comfortable as you can but with just a video monitor I would be scared to let them have a blanket. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Aiden has slept with a blanket since he was 3 months old. we started by tucking it around the mattress at chest height, but he was a belly sleeper anyways. now he just gets his blanket because he can move it how he likes and doesn't tolerate things on his face.

I am not too worried about it. 

imageimage
  • One year is the recommendation to prevent any accidents.  So sleep sacks are best until then.

I know some people use a light blanket anyway and have no trouble. 

• DD has slept with a blanket since 2 months-- she is now 7 months and loves to snuggle with it.

When she was tiny and couldn't pull the blanket off her or anything we would tuck her in all "snug as a bug in a rug" style.

Now you can just lay it on her and she covers what she wants

She cannot suffocate under a blanket- something would have to fall on her to keep her from moving it off her face.

• DS uses a blanket at nap time, but a sleepsack at night.  He does fine with the blanket during the day, but I figured his routine at night works so well, why change it at this point?!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• My LO sleeps with a small blanket every night.  He likes to rub it on his face :)  Also, during naps I sometimes put a light weight blanket on him.  He is 8 months old and I've been giving him a blanket since maybe around 6 months.  He can easily remove it from his face by himself.
    Sparrow Fae 3/9/10 Levi Roy 6/17/12 Sparrow January 20
  • With my DD she had a blanket at 1 month, she was fine with it we had no problems. It was either a light blanket or a crochet one. Now with DS there is no way I am giving him a blanket for a while. We tried but he likes to kick it over his face then he wakes up screaming bloody murder. So it will be a while before we give him one for now its just sleepers and sleepsacks. I say it depends on what you are comfortable with.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• I was paranoid about it for a while but LO is 8 months this week and he has a super soft crocheted blanket he looooves.  He seems to sleep better when we let him have it, he uses it to soothe himself when he wakes up and the way it's made means that even if he face planted in the thing, he should still be able to get air.  I lay it over him at waist/chest height and he'll reach for it and wrap his little finger in the holes and twist it.  We tried loveys but this seems to be the thing that works for him. 

• DS has these: https://www.amazon.com/aden-anais-Cotton-Security-Blankets/dp/B006ZSYIAE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361990324&sr=8-2&keywords=a%26a+security+blankets

They're breathable and he loves holding them. I wouldn't let him sleep with a huge blanket though. It's not worth the risk, IMO. I could never live with myself if something happened in the MOTN and I found him in his crib with a blanket over his face. 

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I won't put a blanket in with DS til he is a year (and did the same with DD). I don't think it is worth the risk.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been using a light sheet or blanket since K was about 2 months. I only put it up to his belly and he never pulled it to his face or got tangled in it. He sleeps better, so its more of a security thing, I think once they can roll around and move themselves pretty well that using thin blankets are okay.

• DS1 is 2yo and still doesn't sleep with a blanket.  I think he just got used to not being covered up and now that I offer a blanket to him, he doesn't want it.  He does sleep with a lovie blankie, though, since he was about 7 or 8 months old.  Its not big or thick though.
  • I have since about 4 months.  He was getting to hot in the fleece sleepers, so I switched to cotton sleepers and a light blanket and it has worked out well. 

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• We've been using one for months.
  • IMO its all up to how comfortable you are with it. My DD has always had some kind of blanket with her. She just recently moved to her crib and I pile blankets on her. She loves the warmth and the feeling like something is surrounding her. She does just find with her blankets and they have never been an issue for us.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • imagebigbootyjudi:
    DS has these: https://www.amazon.com/adenanaisCottonSecurityBlankets/dp/B006ZSYIAE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8amp;qid=1361990324amp;sr=82amp;keywords=a26asecurityblanketsThey're breathable and he loves holding them. I wouldn't let him sleep with a huge blanket though. It's not worth the risk, IMO. I could never live with myself if something happened in the MOTN and I found him in his crib with a blanket over his face.nbsp;

DS uses one of these at night, too. For naps at daycare and out and about in the carseat, we let him have the bigger AA swaddle blanket.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"