Breastfeeding
Options

Vent: I've had it with my Purely Yours!

I've had it replaced twice! I've replaced the tubes, valves and diaphragms.  Both of the replacements gave me the same exact issue!  After a few days of use it loses suction and the diaphragm gets stuck in the vacuum position and won't inflate back up.  I pop the top off and back on for a second of suction, and it gets stuck again. Ugh!  I know it is affecting my supply and I'm at my wits end.

I'm gonna call ameda again this morning, they're gonna want to replace it again, but I kinda just want my money back and buy a medela instead. Or rent a hospital grade pump for the next 4 months (that will be 12 months). 

Ugh!

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
5 DIUI - BFN
IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
image imageimageimageimage

Re: Vent: I've had it with my Purely Yours!

• Options
    Dont waste your time by keep replacing it. If after two replacements and it's still acting up ask for your money back and buy a Medela. I had a FirstOne I think its call and it lost suction after 3 months, I just thought my supply was depleating but I went ahead and purchased the $300 Medela pump that comes in a bag and it made pumping so much easier!. I just plugged it in sat back and watched the magic!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    j J
  • Options
    Did you replace the part that hooks the tubes into the motor?  I understand your frustration.  Between my daughrer and son I have had two replacement pumps and my power supply went up twice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I called them yet again.  We did some trouble shooting during my last pump session.  It appears that 3 out of the 4 valves I recently got from them are bad.  Since only one of the sides is dropping suction, the problem isn't the pump.  They're sending me new valves.  That is the last time I try to work with this pump though.... I keep hoping it'll work well again because I have several parts for it.

When it works well, it is a great pump!  But I need it to be reliable. 

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    That sucks I'm sorry! My Medela is 12 years old and lo is the 8th baby it's pumped for. It was my sil and four of us all family have used it with out any problems.

You may want to get your money back if your planing on more kids
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"