February 2013 Moms
Options

Not progressing...stuck in limbo

I posted yesterday about odd contractions that were putting a lot of pressure on my rear end.  They were coming about every 12 minutes or so, but I wasn't timing them too closely because they were not taking my breath away or progressing at all.  I took some benadryl at my MW's recommendation to see if I could get some sleep and it worked, but it was certainly a long night.  Never progressing, just hanging out at the same spot still...Some of the contractions stop me in my tracks, some I can just ignore.  They are still timeable and regular, but not getting any closer together or anymore painful.  I didn't know what to do this morning so I got dressed and went to work, but apparently the lack of sleep is going to make today impossible so I have finally given in and I am starting my maternity leave once I wrap things up here. 

Has anyone ever experienced this limbo?  Is it just false labor (I don't even know what false labor is...). Do I have a big flashing FTM on my forehead, or what?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: Not progressing...stuck in limbo

• Options
    Ahh, how frustrating! I wish I knew what to tell you. I am familiar with the "butt pressure" you described, but I have no idea what - if anything - it means. I've never tried to time it myself. I woke up this morning to a "real" contraction, and I guess it made me too anxious to go back to sleep... though I don't think I've had any more in about 45 minutes. So, now I'm sitting here sleepy and a little "crampy," and that's it. I'm definitely FTM-ing right now... haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe resting and taking things easy is just what you need!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had false labor for a week before LO came. I was up for 12 plus hours thinking this has for to be it. The whole time they were killing me, I had to stop to breathe through them and def had that pressure in my bottom. Once they started getting consistent and closer together DH and I would get ready for the hospital only to have them pitter out shortly after. I still can't tell a difference between my actual labor pains and the false labor I felt for a week. The only reason I ended up going in was because I was leaking amniotic fluid.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"