Trying to Get Pregnant

Talk about phantom symptoms.

I read this article this morning and thought I'd share it...

At first glance, the woman rushing into the labor and delivery ward late at night appeared like the rest. She had a big belly and carried a bulging overnight bag.

But a nurse struggled to find a baby's heartbeat as she passed her stethoscope over the abdomen of the Pittsburgh brunette, who appeared to be middle-class and in her mid-30s. Then a doctor performed an ultrasound. Definitely no baby.

"Most people are convinced they're like 38 weeks along and they come in thinking they're in labor -- heavy breathing, the whole nine yards, with all their things," said Dr. Kimberly Gecsi, an obstetrician at University Hospitals in Cleveland, who over the past decade has seen "four or five" cases of a very rare false pregnancy disorder.

Here is the link to the rest of it:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/false-pregnancies-baffle-doctors-partners/story?id=18597468 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Talk about phantom symptoms.

• I have seen this IRL.  The same woman would come in the same day each year with c/o labor.  It sad.

• How do they not laugh at these people....wow

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• Loading the player...
  • It is sad. What freaked me out were the two doctors who did and emergency c-section on a woman who wasn't pregnant.
  • "Doctors sometimes do get fooled. Two years ago an emergency c-section was performed on a woman who wasn't pregnant after doctors tried to induce her for two days at a North Carolina hospital. Two physicians were disciplined."

What. The f**k.

BFP #1 June 2009 - Evangeline born 3/5/2010
    BFP #2 August 2012 - Partial Molar Pregnancy, D&C September 2012
           BFP #3 January 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #4 April 2013 - EDD 12/15/13

Baby Charlie born 12/7/13!

• imageTappin2B:

How do they not laugh at these people....wow

I'm sure they do I would just hope they are professional enough not to do it in front of the patient

• imageEmily 2714:
    It is sad. What freaked me out were the two doctors who did and emergency c-section on a woman who wasn't pregnant.

Now that is sad...

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

BabyFruit Ticker

*All are Welcome*

• imagemama&baby:
    imageTappin2B:

I'm sure they do I would just hope they are professional enough not to do it in front of the patient

I hope so too.  We hear stories from my BIL and SIL who are nurses.  Sometimes I wonder how they don't slap some people.

BabyFruit Ticker

*All are Welcome*

• imageTheSloppySwish:

"Doctors sometimes do get fooled. Two years ago an emergency c-section was performed on a woman who wasn't pregnant after doctors tried to induce her for two days at a North Carolina hospital. Two physicians were disciplined."

What. The f**k.

Yeah  that was most shocking to me. I hope that the discipline included losing their license or not being able to practice in L & D . Every time I went into L & D ( I had some crazy braxton hicks contractions that were just as bad if not worse than some of my labor pains) they would do a u/s. I don't see how this was skipped before a c/s.

• imagemama&baby:
    imageTheSloppySwish:

"Doctors sometimes do get fooled. Two years ago an emergency c-section was performed on a woman who wasn't pregnant after doctors tried to induce her for two days at a North Carolina hospital. Two physicians were disciplined."

What. The f**k.

Yeah  that was most shocking to me. I hope that the discipline included losing their license or not being able to practice in L & D . Every time I went into L & D ( I had some crazy braxton hicks contractions that were just as bad if not worse than some of my labor pains) they would do a u/s. I don't see how this was skipped before a c/s.

Must have been some back-woods Appalachian hospital 

• imagemama&baby:
    imageTheSloppySwish:

What. The f**k.

No kidding! I was a week overdue with my DD and almost induced. My OB and the hospital made it clear that fetal heart monitoring is absolutely manditory whenever pitocin or other induction drugs are administered. They tried to induce her for TWO DAYS with no fetal monitoring? That is beyond horrifying.

BFP #1 June 2009 - Evangeline born 3/5/2010
    BFP #2 August 2012 - Partial Molar Pregnancy, D&C September 2012
           BFP #3 January 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #4 April 2013 - EDD 12/15/13

Baby Charlie born 12/7/13!

• imageTheSloppySwish:
    imagemama&baby:
    imageTheSloppySwish:

What. The f**k.

No kidding! I was a week overdue with my DD and almost induced. My OB and the hospital made it clear that fetal heart monitoring is absolutely manditory whenever pitocin or other induction drugs are administered. They tried to induce her for TWO DAYS with no fetal monitoring? That is beyond horrifying.

This! It just doesn't make sense. Too much doesn't add up.

I feel bad for the women who actually suffer from this.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• imageCrayChristi:

Must have been some back-woods Appalachian hospital 

Are you referring to all of Appalachia? Because I was born/raised/still live on the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Here's a view of them from my front porch

• imageTappin2B:

I'm not sure what laughing at them would accomplish. This person is presenting pregnancy symptoms they feel are very real and upon further checking, find out they are not. They're suffering from a real illness.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerunningpenguin:
    imageTappin2B:

I'm not sure what laughing at them would accomplish. This person is presenting pregnancy symptoms they feel are very real and upon further checking, find out they are not. They're suffering from a real illness.

Thank you for saying this. Tappin, do you find mental illness funny? Pathetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"