1st Trimester
Options

Caffeine

I know that preggos can have -some- caffeine, but I have read that it's preferable to have none at all. I am not someone who HAS to have it so I have been avoiding it, but it's going to be a long, long day. How much caffeine have you personally decided to drink during your pregnancy?

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
Married July 2010
DC #1 Oct 2013
DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Caffeine

• Options
    imageAFwifelife:
    I don't drink that much.  That said, I didn't really drink it before my BFP.  When I do need it, I do drink it.  I'll have a can a Coke about every week or so.

My plan was to drink none at all, but I don't know if that's going to happen. The fatigue hasn't even kicked in yet.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I will have a cup of regular coffee or tea a day.  If I want more, I drink decaf.  Most of the time I just like the taste or need a warm drink so I don't drink it for the caffeine.  I did the same thing when I was pregnany with DD.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drank a cup of regular coffee every morning, and a soda with lunch every day during my pregnancy. It was the only thing that kept me pooping regularly and awake all day.
  • Options
    I've let myself have a soda or iced tea here or there....maybe once a week since I found out. My ob says 12oz a day is ok.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thanks. I think I will just have a little when I need some to get through my day. 

ETA: Since I don't drink coffee or tea and don't really like soda, I use Crystal Light  Energy.

Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I drank two cups of coffee a day during the week and lots of Starbucks on the weekend before I was pregnant. Now I've cut back to 1 cup full caffeine and I mix half-caf/half-decaf for my second cup. I'm weaning myself down to one cup a day. I also drink iced tea and hot tea, but it has a lot less caffeine in it than coffee.

I always hear that 200 mg a day is acceptable while pregnant (which is equivalent to two cups of coffee).

TTC #1 since 10/14/12 // 1/2013: 7DPO blood work revealed low progesterone/luteal phase defect // 2/2013: DH's SA - Normal // BFP 2/25/13 - EDD 10/30/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimageMy blog!
  • Options
    I am a caffeine fiend, so I pretty much try to quit when pregnant. I stopped Diet Coke when I got my BFP, and I had one cup of half-caff coffee for a week to help wean down. I haven't had any coffee/soda in a week. I still eat chocolate though, so I figure I get plenty of caffeine from that. Wink

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I cut down on caffeine before we started TTC so that when I did get pregnant I wouldn't have to drastically cut it and turn all crazy on DH. As of now, I drink a cup of coffee every few days. I haven't really had a taste for it lately. If I need a cup of coffee, I'll have it, but no more than a cup a day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    I'm in the habit of a hot cup of coffee on my way to work, so I switched to decaf.  It works fine for me, sometimes I even forget its not "real coffee." More of a routine thing for me.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options

With my first, I had no caffeine. Cut it completely. And just a handful of decaf cups. 

This time is different. I'll drink a small cup or two of half caff a couple times a week. I need it to get through a day with an almost 2 year old. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"