Breastfeeding

Human pacifier?

Any suggestions on how to break this habit? We've tried using a paci, he usually won't take it. He wants to comfort suck at the breast all day. It's the one thing that soothes him everytimethe 5 S's work only sometimes. I've been okay with it, although it is frustrating at times having to sit all day long. I'm worried though about when he starts daycare in a few weeks if he's going to be miserable. Or will it just work itself out when the time comes? Anyone gone through something similar and how did it work out for you?
LO is just such a needy baby, I guess I'm having a hard time believing he'll be okay at daycare

Re: Human pacifier?

• This was a major issue for us as well. Some people might be able to tolerate it, but I just can't stand that constant nipple stimulation. Plus, DD would want to do it at night sometimes and we don't bedshare, so that was really frustrating. She wouldn't usually take a paci either, but just yesterday I decided that we were going to try it more often because if all she wants is to suck, I can't be her human pacifier. I basically just kept offering it to her when she would cry. If she spit it out, I'd put it back in. It definitely works when she keeps it in her mouth, so we're just going to keep at it.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Have you tried different pacis? Some moms will go through 10 before they find the best one for thier baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagedanab_sd:
    Have you tried different pacis? Some moms will go through 10 before they find the best one for thier baby.

We've tried fhe Soothie and the Avent pacis. He won't take the Avent one at all, sometimes he will take the Soothie but not usually
  • I could have written this myself! I've been stressing about starting daycare. I don't want him to scream all day.

I'm going to keep trying different pacifiers. I've found that he will sometimes take one if DH gives it to him, but not if he sees me.
  • My baby likes to spit out her paci, and then immediately fuss to have it back. At night, I started putting her in the cradle with a Wubbanub based off of a recommendation I read on the bump. It has worked like charm- it's easier for her to keep it in her mouth and she grabs onto the stuffed animal part. Just mentioning here in case you are at the point of trying anything out of desperation.
    Baby Evelyn - born 1.16.2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEPQueen:
    imagedanab_sd:
    Have you tried different pacis? Some moms will go through 10 before they find the best one for thier baby.
    We've tried fhe Soothie and the Avent pacis. He won't take the Avent one at all, sometimes he will take the Soothie but not usually

Mine wouldn't take the Soothie, the Avent, or the Nuks.  He would only take the Mams.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son loved to comfort suck and started to grow out of it around 3 months.  He still likes to, but just not every.single.minute like when he was little. We tried every pacifier possible and it never worked.  We would even try to hold it in his mouth for long periods of time and nope:)  He did just fine at daycare. I was so worried about it (he had colic + the comfort sucking + high needs, etc).  I think babies "know" when they are at daycare versus home and sometimes behave differently. He was very fussy for us at night and on weekends and then daycare would rave about how he was such a chill baby:)  It used to make me mad like "why don't you show that to me little man?" but whatever, it is what it is!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"