1st Trimester

No energy to do anything...:(

Hey ladies, I just found out recently I am expecting my first child. so I am a little nervous and very excited.

But I need some advice, I have had absolutely no energy the past couple weeks. So when I get up for work in the morning I can barely force myself to shower let alone style my hair and apply make-up. I am catching a lot smart comments from friends/co-workers about needing to look cute during my pregnancy. But all I want to say is I am only 2 months along... and I am dressing to impress any of you so back off.

I just need to know there are other women out there who are in the same situation as me.. or am I aloneon this one? Is everyone else forcing themselves to get all cute everyday??? If so please help me figure out what to do to get energy back to start looking normal again.. PLEASE

thanks so much ladies! havea  great day

Re: No energy to do anything...:(

• Energy is something that definitely leaves in the first trimester! From what I hear it comes back in the second trimester. I find myself wanting to take naps everyday! Congratulations!
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Hang in there. You will get some energy back. I did for a while. Unfortunately I've just lost it again. Between trying to work, chasing our 3 year old DD around, keeping up with the house, I am EXHAUSTED. 
    Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DreamDisney Congratulations to you as well!! :)

I want to crawl under my desk at work or go to my car and nap during lunch. I can't wait for the energy to come back. I do hear that the little cat naps are amjoar help though. So I am sure you napping will help out tons:)

• jillianjigs7 Thanks:) How far along are you? Luckily my husband has taken over dinner, housework, and maintaining our dog.. I completely unerstand your energy leaving you again, your hands are full:) Good luck
  • Ive never felt the need to impress anyone, if I did, people around me would be very concerned for me right now. I'm a certain shade of gray right now, my hair is constantly pulled back and can't even muster the desire to curl my non existent lahes much less mascara. I'm constantly on the edge of vomiting and it's a good thing I don't work anymore because my yoga pants are the only comfy thing on baby 3. I wish it were warm enough for shorts and tanks.
  • I'm only 5 weeks and I'm exhausted! I'm waking up way before I have to and somedays its hard to get some extra rest.I know its early but I'll be happy for that 2 trimester energy haha
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagemahnnis:
    DreamDisney Congratulations to you as well!! :
    nbsp;
    I want to crawl under my desk at work or go to my car and nap during lunch. I can't wait for the energy to come back. I do hear that the little cat naps are amjoar help though. So I am sure you napping will help out tons:

Thank you! Yeah I'm not much into what I look like anymore either lol...
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • I feel your pain! Between low energy and cutting coffee down to one tiny cup I am beat! Hang in there and it will be worth it :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagemahnnis:
    jillianjigs7 Thanks:) How far along are you? Luckily my husband has taken over dinner, housework, and maintaining our dog.. I completely unerstand your energy leaving you again, your hands are full:) Good luck

I'm 26 weeks! Already counting down. My husband helps as much as he can. Mainly entertaining our DD when he gets home from work so I can rest. But the poor house. For a while I had so much energy everything was spotless. Now, not so much. But everyone keeps telling me to just let it be. So I am! HAHA. 

Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagejillianjigs7:
    Hang in there. You will get some energy back. I did for a while. Unfortunately I've just lost it again. Between trying to work, chasing our 3 year old DD around, keeping up with the house, I am EXHAUSTED.nbsp;

This! I was a lot cuter last pregnancy because I bought into the notion that " I will go right back to being me after this baby!" I worked out all the time while pregnant and had cute clothes etc. this time I'm exhausted as a result of work, and my two year old. I'm drifting to the bad side quickly....
  • imagemahnnis:
    DreamDisney Congratulations to you as well!! :
    nbsp;
    I want to crawl under my desk at work or go to my car and nap during lunch. I can't wait for the energy to come back. I do hear that the little cat naps are amjoar help though. So I am sure you napping will help out tons:
    congratulations on all the expecting and new parents, I too feel just utterly exhausted, I'm currently not working now but being an at home spouse and trying to coordinate state assistance can be just as exhausting. Naps do help a little, but don't over exert yourself, it just makes your fatigue worse.
  • I'm on the same boat. I don't want to do any work, I'm falling asleep in traffic and I want to knock out by 7:30. My hubby is a bit annoyed at my energy loss since all I want to do is lie down, watch TV or sleep. I don't even have the energy to work out (also a bit afraid to do anything strenuous since it's my first pregnancy). I have no energy to get ready also and am living in tights, big shirts and buns these days. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have zero energy right now. My house is a wreck and my desk is piling up. I try to focus on making sure that DS is still eating ok and mostly clean. Wink Beyond that anything else is gravy. Add me to the hair pulled back every day club too, makes it easier to puke.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I just hit 9 weeks, and am starting to feel some more of my energy. But then days like yesterday happen, Ihave just enough energy to work make myself something to eat and then I pass out from 5:30pm- 6:00am.

I think my hubby is gettig a little annoyed with my sleep schedule:(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"