1st Trimester

First Time Mom A Little Freaked Out

I am a first time mom. I've lost twins at 4 months pregnant last time, and I am a little worried. I don't really know much about pregnancy or being a mom so this is a little scary. No family to help or talk me throught it unfortunately. I'm just hoping that I will be a good mom.

Re: First Time Mom A Little Freaked Out

• I lost my first as well (though it was not twins).  I know the whole pregnancy thing in general can be scary after that experience.  The only thing that helped me was to just try and stay positive and think the best, because it was nothing anyone could control anyway.  Also, when I was a first time Mom, none of my close friends or family were young moms yet... so it was nervewracking!  All I can tell you is that you and baby learn together.  Just try and be patient with yourself as you learn!  As long as you love on that little one as best you can and you take care of them, you are being a great Mom!  Remember, when you have questions, just call your pediatrician!  They are usually very helpful!  And they know that's how first time moms are :)  Expect to have to give of yourself more than you ever had to before... but also know that a lack of sleep or time for yourself is temporary and it won't kill you Smile  You will do GREAT!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagelaurmar21:
    I lost my first as well (though it was not twins).  I know the whole pregnancy thing in general can be scary after that experience.  The only thing that helped me was to just try and stay positive and think the best, because it was nothing anyone could control anyway.  Also, when I was a first time Mom, none of my close friends or family were young moms yet... so it was nervewracking!  All I can tell you is that you and baby learn together.  Just try and be patient with yourself as you learn!  As long as you love on that little one as best you can and you take care of them, you are being a great Mom!  Remember, when you have questions, just call your pediatrician!  They are usually very helpful!  And they know that's how first time moms are :)  Expect to have to give of yourself more than you ever had to before... but also know that a lack of sleep or time for yourself is temporary and it won't kill you Smile  You will do GREAT!

This. Most of my friends have kids and I have a ton of pregnant friends and acquaintances right now (hell, who am I kidding... at all times), but we aren't out of the baby closet yet, so I don't have many resources just yet. Hang in there.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss. I lost my first at 7 weeks and am now at 5 weeks. I am worried as well, but stressing about it isnt going to do much good. So I try to have positive thoughts and do my best to stay healthy. 

Good Luck. If you are worried about being a good mom, then you are definitely going to be a good mom 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"