February 2012 Moms
Options

Sippy cups and Daycare

How many sippy cups do you send to your daycare and how much does your LO drink out of them? I was suprised to send three suppy cups of about 8oz of WCM and only one sippy cup was empty. Is this normal? Reece is there about 8 hours. I am so used to him having a bottle every 3 to 4 hours still so this is all new to me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sippy cups and Daycare

• Options
    I just send one because we only have two :) Daycare washes it after he takes his milk at snack and refills it with water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    I send 5 on Monday and they usually use one per day if he wants milk they give him just one if he wants water they give him a second but usually those 5 last us the week.  They wash them if they need to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I leave one there and she refills/washes it as needed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Options
    From waking to bed time, Ian will usually drink  3 to 4 cups...it's 2 of milk (one in the morning and one late afternoon) and either 1 or 2 of water, but that's the entire day.  If he's eating more food now, he's definitely going to cut back on how much milk he'll drink.  Also, he probably doesn't sit and drink the whole cup like he would sit and drink the whole bottle.  Ian "grazes" on his sippies, even the milk.

• Options
    I used to send two cups, with about 4 oz each but she never finishes them.  Now I send one cup with about 7-8oz, and she usually drinks 1/3 of it.  She's in daycare for 8 hours.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I send three... used to have 8 ounce in each, but DD has decreased over time to about 8 - 12 ounces a day and has upped her food intake.  I think it's normal! 
  • Options
    Ok, thanks ladies!! I am such a new mom. LOL
  • Options

DS refuses anything but soy toddler formula.  I sent a 6 oz bottle.  His teacher splits that into the bottle and a sippy.  He never drinks the sippy.  If he wants more, she mixes it with the container of formula in DS' cabinet.  He will very randomly drink a lot more.  Sometimes he wants it from the bottle, so she washes a bottle or grabs a spare from his cabinet.

• Options

I send 3. One with water, which they offer her with breakfast and lunch, and two with milk (right now 3oz formula + 3oz WCM) which they offer with her snacks. She usually drinks about 4oz out of each milk cup and very little water.

She will usually down almost the whole water cup with dinner though, and then she gets another 6oz formula/milk about an hour after dinner (which she finishes, but I still give it in a bottle).

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options

We send 2 a day - one for milk and one for water.  They provide the milk.  It's strange to me that you are having to provide the milk?  Does anyone else's daycare do this?

And, DD doesn't take in as much WCM as she did breast milk.  The two aren't interchangable because she doesn't rely on WCM for all of her nutrients.  She's getting plenty of food, snacks and water too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"