Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Question about Chemical Pregnancy

Hey Ladies, I'm hoping someone can share about their experience. I got a BFP a week ago. Period was due last Friday and then Tuesday night I started seeing red blood when I would wipe. Had a blood test yesterday and my number was only 15. I'm having a follow up test tomorrow because of the doctor's protocol. But, I'm pretty much positive that I'm not pregnant any more. My question is, how much bleeding should I expect with a CP? Yesterday was pretty much moderate bleeding all day. Today it is back to only when I wipe. I guess I was expecting a heavy period-like flow for a couple days. Anyway, I have a call in to my doctor to ask but I would love to hear your experiences if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

Re: Question about Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your possible loss. Hopefully everything will work out for you.

I think it can vary for every woman. When I had my CP, it was heavier than a normal period for 1 day, and then I had light bleeding/spotting for 5 or 6 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you! And thanks for the quick response. I just didn't know what to expect at all, so I'm glad to hear that your experience is fairly similar to what I'm going through. Yesterday was a tough, emotional day. Today I still feel quite sad but I'm trying to be positive. I'm sorry you had to go through it too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I find it oddly reassuring that I'm not the only one to have gone through this, although I am very sorry that so many of us have. Thanks for the info! I've been trying not to obsessively search Google to find out what I should be experiencing. I can accept that this is normal and not to be anxious about everything. I'm glad I found you all :) 
  • Options

Very sorry for your loss.

Mine was like a regular period, but lasted a day or two longer than usual. My hormones were a little bit screwy the cycle after and I ended up ovulating a week late. Of course, your experience may be different.

My OB said not to get discouraged, carry on like nothing happened and try again next cycle if I wanted. This response may not be appropriate for someone who's really upset and needs to grieve the loss before moving on, but for me it made sense and I felt fine following her advice.

BFP #1 June 2009 - Evangeline born 3/5/2010
    BFP #2 August 2012 - Partial Molar Pregnancy, D&C September 2012
           BFP #3 January 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #4 April 2013 - EDD 12/15/13

Baby Charlie born 12/7/13!

• Options

I am so sorry you are going through this.

I had a chemical pregnancy last summer, and I bled heavy for two days, the third day was a medium flow, and then spotted for about two days afterward. If I hadn't had a positive pregnancy test, I would have thought it was just a late period.

• Options
    I had a CP in college.  Got a positive pregnancy test (and freaked the F out, I did NOT want to be pregnant... how times change...) and then just had a very normal period about 2 days later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagemrsashleyk:
    So sorry for your loss!
    nbsp;I had a chemical pregnancy this last cycle. I had very heavy bleeding the first day with cramps so bad I had to call out of work. After that first day though I had normal bleeding for 23 days after. .

This. Pretty much exactly for me too. Good luck OP. I hope everything works out for you.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"