Attachment Parenting

Re: AP article on huffington post

• Hmmm...It's sad that that mom's community was more judgmental than supportive of her parenting decisions.

Crunchy does not equal AP, too. I don't cloth diaper. I do make my own baby food, but that's because DS just eats what we're eating.

She may have "dropped out" of that specific moms group, but I hope her experience didn't influence her decision to parent differently...maybe it just reminded her to not hastily judge other moms who must make the best decisions they can for their kids.
    imageimage
  • I know it was just an opinion piece, but that article irritated me.  I'm not crunchy by any means.  I didn't even realize I was practicing a lot of AP things until I started reading The Baby Book.  Cloth diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and wearing DS just felt right.  They are also things my mom used to do with us before it was labeled AP.

A lot of these things I do just because they're easier.  You never run out of cloth and it's cheaper.  It's easier for me to pop a boob in his mouth and pump at work than to buy formula, mix it up, etc. and also cheaper.  Co-sleeping is the only way he doesn't scream at night.  Wearing him lets me get stuff done.  When I start making his food it's easy to just steam some veggies, use my immersion blender, and freeze some cubes.  And also cheaper!

I know she was only relating her story with the over-the-top AP parent, but it adds fuel to the misconception that AP is a hippie style of parenting.  A lot of people do it because it's easier, cheaper, and feels right.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• Loading the player...
  • imageSummerOH:

I know it was just an opinion piece, but that article irritated me.  I'm not crunchy by any means.  I didn't even realize I was practicing a lot of AP things until I started reading The Baby Book.  Cloth diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and wearing DS just felt right.  They are also things my mom used to do with us before it was labeled AP.

A lot of these things I do just because they're easier.  You never run out of cloth and it's cheaper.  It's easier for me to pop a boob in his mouth and pump at work than to buy formula, mix it up, etc. and also cheaper.  Co-sleeping is the only way he doesn't scream at night.  Wearing him lets me get stuff done.  When I start making his food it's easy to just steam some veggies, use my immersion blender, and freeze some cubes.  And also cheaper!

I know she was only relating her story with the over-the-top AP parent, but it adds fuel to the misconception that AP is a hippie style of parenting.  A lot of people do it because it's easier, cheaper, and feels right.

Exactly this. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hope this mommy war BS takes a breather soon. Shake it off Milo Flynnes mom and all those that loathe her... Shake it off.
  • Andplusalso...I love cheesy poofs AND homemade kale chips.  The horror!

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• imageSummerOH:
    Andplusalso...I love cheesy poofs AND homemade kale chips.  The horror!

Ha, getouttamyhead, Summer. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So instead of calmly and gently addressing one woman's passive-aggressive behavior, the author chose to leave a circle of supportive and enjoyable moms/babies.

This article is not about AP, although it is couched in those terms. It is actually more of an anecdote about people's unwillingness to address the self-righteous attitudes of others and stand up for ones own beliefs/practices for fear of public recrimination. However, it does not draw any conclusions or make any suggestions; it simply trails off into pointlessness. 

That was a waste of reading.

• imagehappywife2b:

That was a waste of reading.

OP is a troll. She's just trying to get a big response here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"