Pregnant after IF

When can DH and I get back to business?

Probably TMI but I know a lot of you can relate - DH and I haven't, well, you know, been intimate since about 5 days before my ER. We were told we couldn't do anything until the 1st ultrasound which was Monday. We both kicked ourselves on the way out for not asking. Thankfully we have another ultrasound tomorrow and you can bet we will be asking this time.

When were you given the all clear?!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When can DH and I get back to business?

• I was never put on any pelvic after the positive beta, but we really didn't do anything through the first trimester because we were both too nervous.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got the all clear after my last beta.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I was in the same boat.  We were told no BD until fetal heartbeat was seen.  Whne we saw it flickering on the screen I asked if it was okay for intercourse again and my nurse said yes.
  • My facility has a strict policy that you have to wait until you get a heart beat..
  • We were told to hold off until about 8-10 weeks because of the ovaries still being enlarged from stims.

Hope you get good news tomorrow at your u/s!! :)

Anniversary
    Tried to conceive on our own for a year before moving on to fertility treatments. Dx unexplained. About 10 months of procedures, shots, and countless doctor appointments, we got our BFP! BFN on 5 IUI's
    IVF#1 - ER 09/14/12, ET 09/17/12: two 8 cells, BFP: 9/28 Beta#1 56.8; 10/2 Beta#2 284; 10/5 Beta#3 939; 10/9 Beta #4 4967. One baby on board with EDD 06/07/13!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I don't think they ever told us not to.
  • Mine says not to do it until the first u/s. He went on to say that it's not actually dangerous to do it before then, but if a patient were to miscarry they would tend to blame sex as the reason. This takes it off the table. Interesting reason, but that's his advice.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • I was given the all clear after the 1st u/s, but we haven't yet because I've been SUPER nauseous and a little scared. I already told DH though, it's been WAY too long and I'm going to VS this weekend and we're getting busy! Stick out tongue
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • imageasilwhite:
    I was given the all clear after the 1st u/s, but we haven't yet because I've been SUPER nauseous and a little scared. I already told DH though, it's been WAY too long and I'm going to VS this weekend and we're getting busy! Stick out tongue

Woohoo!! Good for you girl!!

I also agree with PP - DH said if we did before we got the ok and something went wrong we would never forgive ourselves! I hope this is the weekend though. Step daughter is with her mom and we have no other plans - bow chicka wow wow

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"