Breastfeeding

minipill side effects?

I just started the minipill yesterday. Has anyone noticed that it affected their supply/caused their milk production to go down? 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
BFP 9/27/14
MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14

Re: minipill side effects?

• I used it for over five months with no effect on supply.
  • Loading the player...
  • Great! Thanks ladies!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
  • YES!  At my 6 week OB appt. I got on it.... within three days of taking it my poor "girls" were just about empty.  I went from having plently to satisfy my LO plus pumping extra for my freezer stash to nothing... I stopped taking it, started fenugreek, pumped like a mad woman, and upped my water intake and it finally came back two days later.  They say it doesn't harm the BM supply in "most" women... most.  It tanked mine.
  • imageStacyCardinal:
    YES!  At my 6 week OB appt. I got on it.... within three days of taking it my poor "girls" were just about empty.  I went from having plently to satisfy my LO plus pumping extra for my freezer stash to nothing... I stopped taking it, started fenugreek, pumped like a mad woman, and upped my water intake and it finally came back two days later.  They say it doesn't harm the BM supply in "most" women... most.  It tanked mine.

ditto. I did the same thing and am now at 16 weeks and doing fine 

Ellia33_zps24161a44

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
  • imagelebongo:

imageStacyCardinal:
    YES!  At my 6 week OB appt. I got on it.... within three days of taking it my poor "girls" were just about empty.  I went from having plently to satisfy my LO plus pumping extra for my freezer stash to nothing... I stopped taking it, started fenugreek, pumped like a mad woman, and upped my water intake and it finally came back two days later.  They say it doesn't harm the BM supply in "most" women... most.  It tanked mine.

ditto. I did the same thing and am now at 16 weeks and doing fine 

Yikes! Hopefully this won't hppen...I'm drinking mother's milk tea to hopefully prevent any supply drop.  

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"